Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit
Your best defense against bruising and swelling. VitaMedica’s highly anticipated Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit includes oral and topical forms of Homeopathic Arnica Montana to reduce bruising from the inside and out. Arnica Montana 30X potency soft-grain tablets dissolve rapidly and stimulate the body’s natural response for healing. Recovery Cream is a unique combination of Arnica Montana plus vitamin K and botanicals to reduce bruising & swelling and improve circulation to bruised tissue. Contains 0.5 oz tube of Recovery Cream and 250 tablets of Arnica Montana 30X.
- Combination of Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets plus our unique Recovery Cream in a convenient, affordable kit.
- Arnica Montana plant is organically grown in the mountainous regions of Western Europe and U.S. Single remedy medication excludes dyes or colorants.
- Clinical studies have demonstrated vitamin K’s role in hastening the resolution of bruising after a cosmetic procedure or injury.
- Phytosome® plant sterols reduce vascular permeability, edema and swelling.
- Vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation to injured tissue.
- Chamomile cools, soothes and refreshes.
- Natural grapefruit oil imparts faint, fresh citrus scent.
- Free of parabens, artificial colors and fragrances.
- Manufactured in the U.S. in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States (HPUS).
Rate & Review this Product! We would love your feedback, and your opinion will help other shoppers in finding the right product as well. Happy Shopping!
How would you rate this product?:
(Roll-over and click to select the stars)
Directions: Begin taking Arnica Montana immediately after surgery or injury and continue taking until the bruising and swelling has subsided (usually 7-14 days). Take 3 tablets, 3 times a day. Place tablets under the tongue and let dissolve naturally. For optimal results, do not brush your teeth, eat, or drink anything but water, 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after taking Arnica Montana. Do not handle the tablets.
Warnings: Do not use if cap band is broken or missing. As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of your physician before using this product. If symptoms do not subside within 14 days, contact your physician. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
Directions: Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides.
Caution: For external use only. Do not apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If swallowed, seek medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
View, save or print for more information on our product.
- ARNICA ANTI-BRUISE KIT FAQS
- Who should use Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit? Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit is ideal for the bruising and swelling that often accompanies facial surgical procedures like rhinoplasty (nose job), rhytidectomy (face lift) and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery); non-surgical procedures like laser and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®) and sprains & strains from overuse or sports injury.
- Who should not use Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit? Homeopathic remedies have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any medication particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. If an individual has a known allergy to Arnica Montana, topical formulations of vitamin K, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey or grape seed extract, he/she should not use the product.
- What is the primary benefit of using Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit? Whether you bang your arm into a wall, twist your ankle or undergo facial plastic surgery, tiny capillaries in the affected area rupture. Blood, which escapes into the surrounding tissue, shows up on the surface of the skin in shades of purple, red and blue and is referred to as ecchymosis or a bruise. As the blood is reabsorbed and the area heals, the discoloration changes to a greenish-yellow hue.
It is believed that Arnica Montana increases the flow of blood through the affected capillaries causing escaped fluids to be absorbed. The absorption of the fluids makes black and blue marks go away faster and reduces the swelling, relieving the pressure on nerve endings. This in turn, relieves the pain and stiffness. Arnica also stimulates white blood cells, which then help disperse material trapped in bruised tissue, muscles and joints. Vitamin K is well-known for its role in reducing bruising. Botanicals like vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract help strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation in the dermis.
- What makes VitaMedica’s Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit unique? VitaMedica’s Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit combines the well-known anti-bruise benefits of oral and topical homeopathic Arnica Montana. VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana 30X potency tablets were developed with the expertise of Standard Homeopathic – a company founded in 1903 by eight physicians to provide the highest quality homeopathic products to the U.S. market. The Recovery Cream is the first topical formulation on the market to combine Arnica Montana plus vitamin K and botanicals for the ultimate anti-bruise cream that also helps calm, soothe and improve micro-circulation in the skin. Recovery Cream also utilizes a unique liposome nanotechnology transdermal system to ensure delivery of active ingredients to the skin. This bi-directional approach is a patient’s best defense against bruising from soft tissue injury due to minor surgical procedures, trauma or injury.
- Arnica Montana is a homeopathic medicine. What is homeopathy? The literal interpretation of homeopathy is “like treating like”. The guiding principle behind homeopathy is that our bodies have natural defense mechanisms to aid in healing. This is often reflected as symptoms. While prescription medications tend to suppress symptoms, homeopathic medications try to elicit them. This approach helps to heal the body faster and is intended to stimulate a person’s overall resistance to infection. Another principle of homeopathy is that the healing power of a medicine can be increased or potentiated while reducing its toxicity. In other words, the healing power of a substance is increased at the same time its concentration is decreased. This is in marked contrast to allopathic medicines that use a greater potency by increasing the amount of a drug given to a patient. Each homeopathic medicine is diluted progressively and proportionately. This is accomplished either through shaking (succussion) or crushing and grinding (truturation).
- What does the “1X” refer to after the name Arnica Montana in the Recovery Cream? The term “1X” refers to the potency of the Arnica Montana formulation. In the dilution process, the original tincture is called the “mother potency”. The mother potency is then diluted with alcohol or can be mixed with lactose and ground in a mortar and pestle. During each dilution process, the result of the prior dilution is used instead of the mother tincture. A number of dilution processes are available that create different potencies. With the X-process, each tincture is mixed with 1 part medicine and 9 parts of diluting material (e.g. alcohol or lactose). With the C-process, the mixing ratio is 1 part medicine to 99 parts of diluting material. VitaMedica’s 1X potency means that the Arnica Montana was diluted 1 time in nine parts of diluting material.
- What does the “30X” refer to after the name Arnica Montana in the tablets? The term “30X” refers to the potency of the Arnica Montana formulation. VitaMedica’s 30X potency means that the Arnica Montana was diluted 30 times to one part in ten (or 10 to the 30th power).
- What does the term “HPUS” mean in regard to homeopathic medications? The term “HPUS” refers to the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. All homeopathic medicines are produced in accordance with the guidelines established by the HPUS. These manufacturing guidelines ensure the purity and potency of each product. In the U.S., homeopathic medicines are regulated as drugs. As a result, a specific formulation (e.g., Arnica Montana 30X tablets) must be made according to a standard set of guidelines established by HPUS regardless of manufacturer.
- Some homeopathic formulas are provided in pellets and others in tablet form. What is the difference between the two? Both forms have been used successfully by homeopaths for over a century. While both forms are probably equal from the standpoint of efficacy, some people prefer tablets vs. pellets. The pellet is made from porous grains of sucrose (cane sugar). One part of dilution is then mixed with 100 parts of grains until the dilution has been completely and equally absorbed. In making tablets, the active ingredient is mixed with 9 parts of lactose and ground for a specified time to achieve a 1X potency. The process is repeated until the desired potency is achieved. The substance is then mixed with binders and pressed into tablet form. VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana 30X is delivered in a small, soft grain tablet.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with phytonadione. What is phytonadione and why is it used? Phytonadione is also known as vitamin K and, in a topical form, is well-researched for its anti-bruise properties. Although scientists do not yet understand how vitamin K works to reduce bruising on a cellular level, a smaller-scale study showed that topical application of a cream with at least 1% vitamin K (other strengths were used, too) shortened the amount of time that skin is reddish-purple after a pulsed dye laser treatment.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with escin. What is escin and why is it used? Also known as "purified escin", this botanical can be used on its own, but forms part of the compound that makes up the complete horse chestnut extract. It is becoming very popular in phyto-medicine, due to the clinical evidence of its effectiveness in the treatment of vascular and circulatory disorders. Aescin or escin is a mixture of saponins with anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictor and vasoprotective effects found in Aesculus hippocastanum (the horse chestnut). Aescin is the main active compound in horse chestnut, and is responsible for most of its medicinal properties. High-quality evidence suggests aescin is a safe and effective treatment for chronic venous insufficiency. In one randomized controlled trial, horse chestnut extract was found to be as effective and well-tolerated as use of compression stockings.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with vitamin C ester. What is vitamin C ester and why is it used? Vitamin C ester, otherwise known as tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, is a very stable, oil-soluble vitamin C ester which has antioxidant activity, inhibiting lipid peroxidation. Topical use can mitigate the damaging effects of ultra violet exposure. Studies have shown it to stimulate collagen production as well as clarify and brighten the skin by inhibiting melanogenesis (the production of pigment), thereby promoting a more even skin tone. Unlike ascorbic acid, it will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids and why are they used? Bioflavonoids like rutin, monoxerutin, diosmin, troxerutin and hidrosmin have potential vasoprotective proprieties still under experimental evaluation. Oftentimes, they are used to decrease permeability and fragility in capillaries in certain conditions. Bioflavonoids also help maximize the benefits of vitamin C by inhibiting its breakdown in the body.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with grape seed extract. What is grape seed extract and why is it used? Grape seed extract is a botanical extract shown to be an effective antioxidant. Not only is grape seed extract a powerful antioxidant, it also exhibits some wound healing properties.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with comfrey. What is comfrey and why is it used? The herb comfrey contains allantoin, a cell proliferant that speeds up the natural replacement of body cells. Comfrey, having an ancient reputation as a wound-healer, is an effective remedy for a great variety of conditions. It is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal treatment, helps in reducing swelling and inflammation, relieves pain, shrinks blood vessels, stimulates blood clotting and cell growth, and expedites the healing process.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with allantoin. What is allantoin and why is it used? Allantoin is a botanical thought to have calming properties to the skin that help resolve irritation. Allantoin is present in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant. Manufacturers cite several beneficial effects for allantoin as an active ingredient in over-the-counter cosmetics: a moisturizing and keratolytic effect, increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix and enhancing the desquamation of upper layers of dead skin cells, increasing the smoothness of the skin; promotion of cell proliferation and wound healing; and a soothing, anti-irritant, and skin protectant effect by forming complexes with irritant and sensitizing agents.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with chamomile. What is chamomile and why is it used? Chamomile is considered to have a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect on skin. This emollient also provides valuable moisture to the skin.
- When do I start taking VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana? When do I stop taking the product? For surgical procedures, begin taking Arnica Montana 30X immediately following your procedure. Continue taking Arnica Montana 30X until the bruising and swelling has subsided, typically 7-14 days following surgery. For non-surgical procedures, begin taking Arnica Montana 30X immediately following trauma or soft tissue injury. Continue taking Arnica Montana 30X until the bruising and swelling has subsided.
- What is the recommended dosing for Arnica Montana 30X? The recommended dosing for Arnica Montana 30X is 3 tablets, three times a day.
- Why is Arnica Montana taken sublingually and not orally like nutritional supplements? Homeopathic medications contain very small amounts of an active ingredient(s) (in this case Arnica Montana). By taking the product sublingually, the medication can pass through the mucous membranes of the mouth and into the tiny blood vessels lining the area. In this manner, the medicine enters the bloodstream directly, without being subjected to first-pass metabolism by the stomach.
- If I am lactose intolerant, can I still take Arnica Montana tablets? Possibly. Lactose-intolerant individuals lack an enzyme called lactase, which is necessary to digest lactose-based foods (e.g., milk, ice-cream) in the stomach. While the Arnica Montana tablets contain lactose, the amount is very small. Because the product is delivered sublingually, only a small portion of the lactose will reach the stomach where it can cause problems in the upper gastrointestinal tract. Depending on your lactose intolerance, will determine if you can take this product without any problems.
- What does it mean by the mouth should be “clean” when taking Arnica Montana? Why is this important? Homeopathic medicines are designed to enter the bloodstream directly through the mucous membranes of the mouth. This works best if the mouth is in its natural state, unaltered by food, beverages, etc. Strong flavors such as coffee, alcohol and toothpaste can interfere with the absorption thus the efficacy of the homeopathic medication.
- Why is it important not to handle the Arnica Montana tablets? Since homeopathic doses are very small, care should be taken to see that they reach the mouth in as pure state as possible. It is best not to handle them. Instead, measure the required number of tablets into the inside of the bottle cap and slip them under the tongue.
- When do I start using VitaMedica’s Recovery Cream? When do I stop using the product? Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides. For best results, use with VitaMedica Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets. Recovery Cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
- How much Recovery Cream should I use and how long will it last? This depends on the size of the injury or incision. Use enough cream to provide a thin layer of coverage to the entire affected area, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. For most individuals, a pea size amount should suffice. This will provide approximately 3-4 weeks of application.
- What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery? Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can also support the healing process. VitaMedica’s Bromelain with Quercetin contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory activity. VitaMedica’s Healing Support Program provides Arnica Montana 30X and Bromelain with Quercetin in a convenient 10-day kit. VitaMedica’s Recovery Support Program provides both of these products along with Clinical Support in a convenient one-month kit to provide a complete healing program.