Arnica Montana Bottle
Obtain temporary relief from bruising, swelling and pain associated with soft tissue injury with our Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X HPUS. Ideal for sprains and strains from overuse or sports injury and after less-invasive surgical procedures like arthroscopic surgery, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®). With a month’s supply per bottle, the next time you suffer from bruising & swelling, relief is just a medicine cabinet away. Learn more about homeopathy and bruising. Bottle contains 250 tablets.
- Homeopathic preparations have been used for centuries in Europe to safely treat a variety of conditions.
- All natural medication works without side-effects to gently stimulate healing.
- Arnica Montana plant organically grown in the mountainous regions of Western Europe and U.S. Single remedy medication excludes dyes or colorants.
- Arnica Montana 30X formulation eliminates the challenge in determining the appropriate product, potency and formulation to buy.
- Soft-grain, sub-lingual tablets dissolve rapidly without leaving a chalky taste in your mouth.
- Glass bottle extends product shelf-life for over 4 years.
- Manufactured in the U.S. in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States (HPUS).
Rate & Review this Product! We would love your feedback, and your opinion will help other shoppers in finding the right product as well. Happy Shopping!
Warnings: Do not use if cap band is broken or missing. As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of your physician before using this product. If symptoms do not subside within 14 days, contact your physician. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
View, save or print for more information on our product.
- ARNICA MONTANA 30X FAQS
- Who should use Arnica Montana 30X? Arnica Montana contains compounds that are especially important for the reduction of bruising and swelling from soft tissue injury. Arnica Montana is ideal for Ideal for sprains and strains from overuse or sports injury and after less-invasive surgical procedures like arthroscopic surgery, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®).
- Who should not use Arnica Montana 30X? Homeopathic remedies have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any medication particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. If an individual has a known allergy to Arnica Montana, he/she should not take the product. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
- What is the primary benefit of using Arnica Montana 30X?Arnica Montana is a homeopathic remedy that is useful for treating bruising and swelling associated with soft tissue injury. Inflammation is the result of trauma, injury or surgery that causes an excessive amount of blood to stretch the walls of the capillaries. Fluid and white blood cells escape from the capillaries into the spaces between cells in the surrounding area. The swelling that results causes stretching of the tissues and presses on the nerve endings causing pain and adding to the stiffness that may follow. It is believed that Arnica Montana increases the flow of blood through the affected capillaries causing escaped fluids to be absorbed. The absorption of the fluids makes black and blue marks go away faster and reduces the swelling, relieving the pressure on nerve endings. This in turn, relieves the pain and stiffness. Arnica also stimulates white blood cells, which then help disperse material trapped in bruised tissue, muscles and joints.
- What makes VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana 30X product unique?VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana 30X potency was developed with the expertise of Standard Homeopathic – a company founded in 1903 by eight physicians to provide the highest quality homeopathic products to the U.S. market. The formula is designed to meet the needs of patients suffering from soft tissue injury due to minor surgical procedures, trauma or injury. Our Arnica Montana 30x is provided in a bottle with 250 tablets, which represents about a 28 day supply.
- Arnica Montana is a homeopathic medicine. What is homeopathy?The literal interpretation of homeopathy is “like treating like”. The guiding principle behind homeopathy is that our bodies have natural defense mechanisms to aid in healing. This is often reflected as symptoms. While prescription medications tend to suppress symptoms, homeopathic medications try to elicit them. This approach helps to heal the body faster and is intended to stimulate a person’s overall resistance to infection. Another principle of homeopathy is that the healing power of a medicine can be increased or potentiated while reducing its toxicity. In other words, the healing power of a substance is increased at the same time its concentration is decreased. This is in marked contrast to allopathic medicines that use a greater potency by increasing the amount of a drug given to a patient. Each homeopathic medicine is diluted progressively and proportionately. This is accomplished either through shaking (succussion) or crushing and grinding (truturation).
- What does the “30X” refer to after the name Arnica Montana?The term “30X” refers to the potency of the Arnica Montana formulation. In the dilution process, the original tincture is called the “mother potency”. The mother potency is then diluted with alcohol or can be mixed with lactose and ground in a mortar and pestle. During each dilution process, the result of the prior dilution is used instead of the mother tincture. A number of dilution processes are available that create different potencies. With the X-process, each tincture is mixed with 1 part medicine and 9 parts of diluting material (e.g. alcohol or lactose). With the C-process, the mixing ratio is 1 part medicine to 99 parts of diluting material. VitaMedica’s 30X potency means that the Arnica Montana was diluted 30 times to one part in ten (or 10 to the 30th power).
- Some homeopathic formulas are provided in pellets and others in tablet form. What is the difference between the two?Both forms have been used successfully by homeopaths for over a century. While both forms are probably equal from the standpoint of efficacy, some people prefer tablets vs. pellets. The pellet is made from porous grains of sucrose (cane sugar). One part of dilution is then mixed with 100 parts of grains until the dilution has been completely and equally absorbed. In making tablets, the active ingredient is mixed with 9 parts of lactose and ground for a specified time to achieve a 1X potency. The process is repeated until the desired potency is achieved. The substance is then mixed with binders and pressed into tablet form. VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana 30X is delivered in a small, soft grain tablet.
- What does the term “HPUS” mean in regard to homeopathic medications?The term “HPUS” refers to the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. All homeopathic medicines are produced in accordance with the guidelines established by the HPUS. These manufacturing guidelines ensure the purity and potency of each product. In the U.S., homeopathic medicines are regulated as drugs. As a result, a specific formulation (e.g., Arnica Montana 30X tablets) must be made according to a standard set of guidelines established by HPUS regardless of manufacturer.
- When do I start taking VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana? When do I stop taking the product? For surgical procedures, begin taking Arnica Montana 30X immediately following your procedure. Continue taking Arnica Montana 30X until the bruising and swelling has subsided, typically 7-14 days following surgery. For non-surgical procedures, begin taking Arnica Montana 30X immediately following trauma or soft tissue injury. Continue taking Arnica Montana 30X until the bruising and swelling has subsided.
- What is the recommended dosing for Arnica Montana 30X? The recommended dosing for Arnica Montana 30X is 3 tablets, three times a day.
- Why is Arnica Montana taken sublingually and not orally like nutritional supplements?Homeopathic medications contain very small amounts of an active ingredient(s) (in this case Arnica Montana). By taking the product sublingually, the medication can pass through the mucous membranes of the mouth and into the tiny blood vessels lining the area. In this manner, the medicine enters the bloodstream directly, without being subjected to first-pass metabolism by the stomach.
- If I am lactose intolerant, can I still take Arnica Montana tablets? Possibly. Lactose-intolerant individuals lack an enzyme called lactase, which is necessary to digest lactose-based foods (e.g., milk, ice-cream) in the stomach. While the Arnica Montana tablets contain lactose, the amount is very small. Because the product is delivered sublingually, only a small portion of the lactose will reach the stomach where it can cause problems in the upper gastrointestinal tract. Depending on your lactose intolerance, will determine if you can take this product without any problems.
- What does it mean by the mouth should be “clean” when taking Arnica Montana? Why is this important?Homeopathic medicines are designed to enter the bloodstream directly through the mucous membranes of the mouth. This works best if the mouth is in its natural state, unaltered by food, beverages, etc. Strong flavors such as coffee, alcohol and toothpaste can interfere with the absorption thus the efficacy of the homeopathic medication.
- Why is it important not to handle the Arnica Montana tablets?Since homeopathic doses are very small, care should be taken to see that they reach the mouth in as pure state as possible. It is best not to handle them. Instead, measure the required number of tablets into the inside of the bottle cap and slip them under the tongue.
- What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery? Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can also support the healing process. VitaMedica’s Bromelain with Quercetin contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory activity. VitaMedica’s Healing Supplements Program provides Arnica Montana 30X and Bromelain with Quercetin in a convenient 10-day kit. VitaMedica’s Surgery Program provides both of these products along with Clinical Support for Surgery in a convenient one-month kit to provide a complete healing program.