Bromelain with Quercetin
Inflammation is the body’s innate reaction to tissue damage. Balance the natural inflammatory response with the combination of bromelain and quercetin. These two botanicals exhibit excellent properties for maintaining healthy tissue and joint health after physical stress and athletic activity. Formulation delivers the unique combination of bromelain and quercetin into one supplement. Bottle contains 60 capsules.
- Provides 500 mg of bromelain per dose. This enzyme, extracted from the pineapple stem, has documented therapeutic effects in the treatment of inflammation and soft tissue injuries. Bromelain works by blocking selected pro-inflammatory metabolites that accelerate the inflammatory process.
- Provides 500 mg of quercetin per dose. This plant pigment, found in large amounts in foods such as onions and apples, inhibits the manufacture and release of histamine and other allergic/inflammatory mediators. Quercetin is also a potent antioxidant.
- Delivers 2,000 Milk Clotting Units per gram, a measurement of activity and potency that studies have shown is required for therapeutic effect.
- Free from artificial colors and preservatives.
- Small, easy-to-swallow, odorless capsules.
- Lot number and expiration date ensures product freshness and quality. Manufactured in the U.S. using Good Manufacturing Practices.
Rate & Review this Product! We would love your feedback, and your opinion will help other shoppers in finding the right product as well. Happy Shopping!
Directions: Begin taking Bromelain with Quercetin 3 days prior to a traumatic event (e.g., surgery) and continue for 7 days. As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules 3 times a day on an empty stomach. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
Notice: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product. Store in a cool, dry place.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: BROMELAIN WITH QUERCETIN is contraindicated in patients with a history of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or taking blood thinners like Coumadin. People who are allergic to pineapples, tree or grass pollen, carrots, celery, fennel, bees, latex, or flour should avoid bromelain, as it has been reported to cause allergic and asthmatic reactions in these people.
View, save or print for more information on our product.
Who should use Bromelain with Quercetin? Bromelain with Quercetin contains specific nutrients that are useful for control of inflammation and reduction of swelling. The supplement is indicated for the inflammation, swelling & pain that often accompany a surgical procedure, injury, trauma or athletic event and chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis. Bromelain has also been shown to be useful for other conditions that involve inflammation including acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and osteoarthritis.
Who should not use Bromelain with Quercetin? Enzyme supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the adtvice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program, particularly diabetics and pregnant or lactating women. Bromelain with Quercetin is contraindicated in patients with a history of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) and those taking blood thinners like Coumadin. In patients with latex allergies or allergic reactions to bee stings, olive tree pollen, pineapple (or other fruits), an allergic reaction is possible, and the supplement is contraindicated. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
- What is the primary benefit of using Bromelain with Quercetin? Bromelain with Quercetin is a simple, yet effective nutritional supplement that helps alleviate inflammation and swelling whether from injury, overuse or surgery. Many patients who have taken Bromelain with Quercetin for surgery have continued on the product because it provides effective relief from rheumatoid arthritis.
- What makes VitaMedica’s Bromelain with Quercetin product unique? Bromelain with Quercetin contains a targeted number of ingredients, formulated at a dosing level that provides effective relief from inflammation and swelling. Supplements containing bromelain are relatively easy to find. But, these products are typically sold in combination with other enzymes (e.g., papain, amylase) and are not as effective in relieving inflammation. Most enzyme formulations also do not contain quercetin which works in concert with bromelain to increase the efficacy of both. Of the bromelain only formulations available, many do not provide a sufficient quantity of milk clotting units to be effective as an anti-inflammatory.
- What is the importance of Bromelain and how does it work? Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme (capable of digesting protein) that is extracted from the pineapple stem. Bromelain’s most common application is in the treatment of inflammation and soft tissue injury. Bromelain inhibits prostaglandins (hormone-like compounds) that cause inflammation and promotes the formation of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Bromelain is also helpful in breaking up hematomas, or a collection of blood that can sometimes occur as a result of soft tissue injury.
- VitaMedica’s Bromelain also contains Quercetin. What is Quercetin? Quercetin (que-er-ce-tin) is a type of flavonoid (plant pigments that give plants & fruits their color) that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The combination of quercetin and bromelain is used to effectively inhibit the inflammatory response function.
- Bromelain’s strength is measured in milk clotting units or gelatin dissolving units. What do these terms mean? Unlike many vitamins and minerals, which are measured by weight (e.g., micrograms or milligrams) bromelain is measured by either milk clotting units (mcus) or gelatin dissolving units (gdus). MCUs and GDUs are used somewhat interchangeably (1 GDU equals 1.5 MCU) and relate to the activity level of the bromelain. Since bromelain is an enzyme, a measure of its strength is how quickly it can breakdown a protein. The unit of measurement is either a MCU or GDU. To be effective, at least 3,000 MCUs must be consumed in divided amounts during the course of a day.
- When do I start taking Bromelain with Quercetin? When do I stop taking Bromelain with Quercetin? Bromelain should be taken 72 hours or 3 days prior to surgery. Bromelain should be continued for 7 days following surgery. Following trauma or injury, Bromelain should be started as quickly as possible and continued for 10 days.
- What is the recommended dosing for Bromelain with Quercetin? The recommended dosing is 2 capsules, taken three times a day. Bromelain should be taken between meals preferably on an empty stomach, e.g. upon awakening, late morning and late afternoon.
- Why does Bromelain with Quercetin need to be taken on an empty stomach? To ensure that the bromelain works on the site of injury and not in aiding digestion, it is best to not take the supplement on a full stomach.
- What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery? Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can also support the healing process. VitaMedica’s Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X relieves bruising and swelling from soft tissue injury. VitaMedica’s Healing Supplements Program provides Arnica Montana 30X and Bromelain with Quercetin in a convenient 10-day kit. VitaMedica’s Surgery Program provides both of these products along with Clinical Support for Surgery in a convenient one-month kit to provide a complete healing program.
BROMELAIN WITH QUERCETIN FAQS