Formulated with natural ingredients including Arnica Montana, Vitamin K, Vitamin C and botanicals to improve the appearance of post-procedural bruising. Silicone base has an elegant, silky feel to restore healthy-looking skin.
Recovery Cream softens, calms, moisturizes and restores bruised skin following cosmetic filler injections (e.g., Botox®, Restylane®, Juvederm®, Radiesse®) and after facial surgical procedures like chin implant, blepharoplasty (eye surgery), facelift or rhinoplasty (nose job).
For best results, take with Arnica Montana 30X HPUS tablets. Tube contains 0.5 oz.
- Arnica Montana is indicated for the temporary relief from bruising, swelling and pain associated with soft tissue injury.
- Clinical studies have demonstrated vitamin K’s role in hastening the resolution of bruising after a cosmetic procedure or injury.
- Phytosome® plant sterols reduce vascular permeability, edema and swelling.
- Vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation to injured tissue.
- Chamomile cools, soothes and refreshes.
- Natural grapefruit oil imparts faint, fresh citrus scent.
- Free of parabens, artificial colors and fragrances.
- Manufactured in the U.S. in accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States (HPUS).
Rate & Review this Product! We would love your feedback, and your opinion will help other shoppers in finding the right product as well. Happy Shopping!
How would you rate this product?:
(Roll-over and click to select the stars)
Directions: Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides. For best results, use with VitaMedica Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets.
Caution: For external use only. Do not apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If swallowed, seek medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
View, save or print for more information on our product.
- RECOVERY CREAM FAQS
- Who should use Recovery Cream? Recovery Cream is ideal for the bruising and swelling that often accompanies facial surgical procedures like rhinoplasty (nose job), rhytidectomy (face lift) and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery); non-surgical procedures like laser and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®) and sprains & strains from overuse or sports injury.
- Who should not use Recovery Cream? Homeopathic remedies have an excellent safety track record. However, if an individual has a known allergy to Arnica Montana, topical formulations of vitamin K, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey or grape seed extract, he/she should not use the product.
- What is the primary benefit of using Recovery Cream? Recovery Cream is a homeopathic remedy that is useful for treating bruising and swelling associated with soft tissue injury. Whether you bang your arm into a wall, twist your ankle or undergo facial plastic surgery, tiny capillaries in the affected area rupture. Blood, which escapes into the surrounding tissue, shows up on the surface of the skin in shades of purple, red and blue and is referred to as ecchymosis or a bruise. As the blood is reabsorbed and the area heals, the discoloration changes to a greenish-yellow hue.
It is believed that Arnica Montana increases the flow of blood through the affected capillaries causing escaped fluids to be absorbed. The absorption of the fluids makes black and blue marks go away faster and reduces the swelling, relieving the pressure on nerve endings. This in turn, relieves the pain and stiffness. Arnica also stimulates white blood cells, which then help disperse material trapped in bruised tissue, muscles and joints. Vitamin K is well-known for its role in reducing bruising. Botanicals like vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract help strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation in the dermis.
- What makes VitaMedica’s Recovery Cream unique? VitaMedica’s Recovery Cream combines the well-known anti-bruise benefits of Arnica Montana plus vitamin K to effectively speed the recovery of unsightly bruises. The formula is designed to meet the needs of patients suffering from soft tissue injury due to minor surgical procedures, trauma or injury. Recovery Cream is the first topical formulation on the market to combine Arnica Montana plus vitamin K and botanicals for the ultimate anti-bruise cream that also helps calm, soothe and improve micro-circulation in the skin. Recovery Cream also utilizes a unique liposome nanotechnology transdermal system to ensure delivery of active ingredients to the skin. Our Recovery Cream is provided in a 0.5 oz tube. It is also included in our Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit, which also includes our Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets in a 250 count bottle.
- Arnica Montana is a homeopathic medicine. What is homeopathy? The literal interpretation of homeopathy is “like treating like”. The guiding principle behind homeopathy is that our bodies have natural defense mechanisms to aid in healing. This is often reflected as symptoms. While prescription medications tend to suppress symptoms, homeopathic medications try to elicit them. This approach helps to heal the body faster and is intended to stimulate a person’s overall resistance to infection. Another principle of homeopathy is that the healing power of a medicine can be increased or potentiated while reducing its toxicity. In other words, the healing power of a substance is increased at the same time its concentration is decreased. This is in marked contrast to allopathic medicines that use a greater potency by increasing the amount of a drug given to a patient. Each homeopathic medicine is diluted progressively and proportionately. This is accomplished either through shaking (succussion) or crushing and grinding (truturation).
- What does the “1X” refer to after the name Arnica Montana? The term “1X” refers to the potency of the Arnica Montana formulation. In the dilution process, the original tincture is called the “mother potency”. The mother potency is then diluted with alcohol or can be mixed with lactose and ground in a mortar and pestle. During each dilution process, the result of the prior dilution is used instead of the mother tincture. A number of dilution processes are available that create different potencies. With the X-process, each tincture is mixed with 1 part medicine and 9 parts of diluting material (e.g. alcohol or lactose). With the C-process, the mixing ratio is 1 part medicine to 99 parts of diluting material. VitaMedica’s 1X potency means that the Arnica Montana was diluted 1 time in nine parts of diluting material.
- What does the term “HPUS” mean in regard to homeopathic medications? The term “HPUS” refers to the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States. All homeopathic medicines are produced in accordance with the guidelines established by the HPUS. These manufacturing guidelines ensure the purity and potency of each product. In the U.S., homeopathic medicines are regulated as drugs. As a result, a specific formulation (e.g., Arnica Montana 30X tablets) must be made according to a standard set of guidelines established by HPUS regardless of manufacturer.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with phytonadione. What is phytonadione and why is it used? Phytonadione is also known as vitamin K and, in a topical form, is well-researched for its anti-bruise properties. Although scientists do not yet understand how vitamin K works to reduce bruising on a cellular level, a smaller-scale study showed that topical application of a cream with at least 1% vitamin K (other strengths were used, too) shortened the amount of time that skin is reddish-purple after a pulsed dye laser treatment.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with escin. What is escin and why is it used? Also known as "purified escin", this botanical can be used on its own, but forms part of the compound that makes up the complete horse chestnut extract. It is becoming very popular in phyto-medicine, due to the clinical evidence of its effectiveness in the treatment of vascular and circulatory disorders. Aescin or escin is a mixture of saponins with anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictor and vasoprotective effects found in Aesculus hippocastanum (the horse chestnut). Aescin is the main active compound in horse chestnut, and is responsible for most of its medicinal properties. High-quality evidence suggests aescin is a safe and effective treatment for chronic venous insufficiency. In one randomized controlled trial, horse chestnut extract was found to be as effective and well-tolerated as use of compression stockings.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with vitamin C ester. What is vitamin C ester and why is it used? Vitamin C ester, otherwise known as tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, is a very stable, oil-soluble vitamin C ester which has antioxidant activity, inhibiting lipid peroxidation. Topical use can mitigate the damaging effects of ultra violet exposure. Studies have shown it to stimulate collagen production as well as clarify and brighten the skin by inhibiting melanogenesis (the production of pigment), thereby promoting a more even skin tone. Unlike ascorbic acid, it will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids and why are they used? Bioflavonoids like rutin, monoxerutin, diosmin, troxerutin and hidrosmin have potential vasoprotective proprieties still under experimental evaluation. Oftentimes, they are used to decrease permeability and fragility in capillaries in certain conditions. Bioflavonoids also help maximize the benefits of vitamin C by inhibiting its breakdown in the body.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with grape seed extract. What is grape seed extract and why is it used? Grape seed extract is a botanical extract shown to be an effective antioxidant. Not only is grape seed extract a powerful antioxidant, it also exhibits some wound healing properties.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with comfrey. What is comfrey and why is it used? The herb comfrey contains allantoin, a cell proliferant that speeds up the natural replacement of body cells. Comfrey, having an ancient reputation as a wound-healer, is an effective remedy for a great variety of conditions. It is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal treatment, helps in reducing swelling and inflammation, relieves pain, shrinks blood vessels, stimulates blood clotting and cell growth, and expedites the healing process.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with allantoin. What is allantoin and why is it used? Allantoin is a botanical thought to have calming properties to the skin that help resolve irritation. Allantoin is present in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant. Manufacturers cite several beneficial effects for allantoin as an active ingredient in over-the-counter cosmetics: a moisturizing and keratolytic effect, increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix and enhancing the desquamation of upper layers of dead skin cells, increasing the smoothness of the skin; promotion of cell proliferation and wound healing; and a soothing, anti-irritant, and skin protectant effect by forming complexes with irritant and sensitizing agents.
- Recovery Cream is formulated with chamomile. What is chamomile and why is it used? Chamomile is considered to have a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect on skin. This emollient also provides valuable moisture to the skin.
- When do I start using VitaMedica’s Recovery Cream? When do I stop using the product? Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides. For best results, use with VitaMedica Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets. Recovery Cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
- How much Recovery Cream should I use and how long will it last? This depends on the size of the injury or incision. Use enough cream to provide a thin layer of coverage to the entire affected area, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. For most individuals, a pea size amount should suffice. This will provide approximately 3-4 weeks of application.
- Should I use both the Recovery Cream and the Arnica Montana 30X tablets? Yes, for best results, we recommend that a bi-directional approach be used. This will provide anti-bruising benefits from both the inside and out. These two products are packaged together in a combo pack called the Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit.
- What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery? Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can also support the healing process. VitaMedica’s Bromelain with Quercetin contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory activity. VitaMedica’s Healing Support Program provides Arnica Montana 30X and Bromelain with Quercetin in a convenient 10-day kit. VitaMedica’s Recovery Support Program provides both of these products along with Clinical Support in a convenient one-month kit to provide a complete healing program.