Protecting Inner Beauty®With morning and evening packets that combine our top-selling multi-vitamin & mineral, organic flax seed oil and antioxidant, this 3-in-1 product makes it easy and convenient to stick with a supplement routine. No more juggling bottles and figuring out what to take. Formulated with nutrients that support glowing skin, hard nails & lustrous hair; strong bones and flexible joints; and a vital cardiovascular system. Ideal for active, busy lifestyles and travelers. Notched packets open easily. Learn more about aging and antioxidants. Kit contains 30 morning/evening packets.
- A great choice if you love our Recovery Support Program or Healing Support Program. Maintains surgical results and supports long-term health & wellness.
- Morning formulation supports energy levels in the day. Evening formulation supports rest and relaxation in the evening. The use of chronotherapy ensures optimal absorption and assimilation of vitamin C and the B-complex.
- Key nutrients include vitamins A, C and E, the B-complex along with the minerals calcium, zinc, selenium and magnesium are formulated at levels higher than a standard “one-a-day” multi.
- Betatene® - a natural mixed carotenoid blend plus natural mixed vitamin E (mixed tocopherols, mixed tocotrienols) ensure absorption and assimilation of these two vitamins.
- Chelation, a process that attaches an amino acid with a mineral, enhances mineral absorption.
- Features acai, cranberry, pomegranate, papaya, kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, turmeric, Cinnulin® and Rooibos tea. Ingredients are an excellent source of a wide variety of phytonutrients including carotenoids, phenolic acids, flavonoids, anthocyanidins, stilbenoids, coumarins and organosulfur compounds.
- Organic flax seed oil provides an excellent source of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) to lubricate the joints and support supple-looking skin.
- Morning packet contains two riboflavin coated, odorless tablets and one hard-shell capsule. Evening packet contains two zinc coated, odorless tablets and one carob coated softgel.
- Lot number and expiration date ensures product freshness and quality. Manufactured in the U.S. and Canada using Good Manufacturing Practices.
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take one AM Anti-Aging Formula packet daily with breakfast or lunch and one PM Anti-Aging Formula packet daily with dinner or before bedtime. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
Notice: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product. Store in a cool, dry place. Does not need to be refrigerated.
PRECAUTIONS: ENERGY SUPPORT and BONE SUPPORT contain niacin, which may cause a temporary redness of the skin and flushing.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: BONE SUPPORT contains vitamin K and is contraindicated in patients taking blood thinners like Coumadin® (warfarin).
ALLERGY INFORMATION: This product contains soy (soy protein chelates).
View, save or print for more information on our product.
ANTI-AGING FORMULA FAQS
- Who should use Anti Aging Formula? Anti Aging Formula is indicated for those who do not eat the variety and quality of foods to obtain essential vitamins, minerals, Omega-3s and phytonutrients. The kit is intended to cover gaps in the diet and is ideal for those with busy, active lifestyles.
- Who should not use the Anti Aging Formula? Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula contains niacin, which may cause a temporary redness of the skin and flushing. The evening formulation contains vitamin K and is contraindicated in patients taking blood thinners like Coumadin. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
- What is the primary benefit of using the Anti Aging Formula? Anti Aging Formula provides key vitamins, minerals, Omega-3s and phytonutrients in convenient daily packets to ensure optimal health and wellness.
- What makes VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula unique? Quality – the ingredients, dosing and formula are put together in such a manner thereby ensuring optimal absorption and utilization by the body – and convenience. Like many things in life, you get what you pay for and the same is true with nutritional supplements. Because VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula is so complete, no other vitamin or mineral supplements need to be taken. The supplement is available in a morning and evening packets. The use of time, or chronotherapy, provides the right nutrients at the right time of day. In addition, divided doses ensure optimal absorption of the water-soluble vitamins. The formulation contains natural vitamins, which provide better absorption than their synthetic counterparts. The supplement also contains the right balance of vitamins & minerals to eliminate the worry about whether you’re taking the right amount, or in the right combination. And, the product contains chelated minerals for maximal absorption. The supplement does not contain any preservatives or dyes which can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Why is the Anti Aging Formula provided in morning and evening packets? To enhance absorption and to provide the right nutrients at the right time of day and. The morning formulation contains nutrients needed to stay energized and alert, with stable blood glucose levels during the day (e.g., B-complex, chromium), and cope with stress. Conversely, the evening formulation contains nutrients needed during the evening to promote rest and relaxation, enhance dreaming during sleep and restore brain neuro-chemicals (e.g., calcium and other minerals). Another reason for taking supplements in the morning and evening is that the water-soluble vitamins (vitamin C and the B-Complex) are better absorbed if taken in divided doses. These nutrients are not stored in the tissues like the fat-soluble vitamins.
- What supplements comprise the Anti Aging Formula morning and evening packets? The morning packet contains 2 tablets of VitaMedica’s Energy Support plus 1 capsule of VitaMedica’s Phyto-5. The evening packet contains 2 tablets of VitaMedica’s Bone Support plus 1 capsule of VitaMedica’s Organic Flax Seed Oil.
- The Supplement Facts Panel indicates that the source of vitamin A is from Betatene®. What is Betatene? Although most people have heard of beta-carotene, a number of other carotenes exist including alpha-carotene, gamma-carotene, lycopene, zeaxanthin, and lutein. While not all of the carotenes convert to vitamin A, all provide excellent antioxidant protective benefits. Most supplements contain just beta-carotene and in many cases, the source is not natural but is synthesized. Betatene is a naturally occurring blend of carotenes, which includes beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin and lutein. Betatene is derived from D. salina algae and is grown on the world’s largest cultivated algae farm, located in Whyalla, Australia.
- The Anti Aging Formula is formulated with 200 mg of vitamin C. Shouldn’t I be getting more of this nutrient on a daily basis? Not necessarily. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that has an excellent safety track record. While most individuals are accustomed to taking 500, 1,000 or even 1,500 mg of vitamin C daily, our bodies do not require this amount for optimal health and wellness. At high doses, the risk of toxicity with vitamin C is very low because unlike their fat-soluble counterpart, the body does not store the excess. But, taking amounts over 1,000 mg can cause gastrointestinal upset in some people. Supplementing the diet with 200 mg per day of vitamin C to support general health and wellness is sufficient for most individuals. However, boosting vitamin C intake during periods of stress (injury, sickness or surgery) is recommended which is why VitaMedica’s Clinical Support for Surgery supplement (taken during the peri-operative period) is formulated with 750 mg of this nutrient.
- The Supplements Facts Panel refers to two sources of Vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols). Why are both forms provided in the formula? To provide both vitamin E activity and antioxidant protective benefits. Vitamin E refers to a family of eight compounds: four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. In each family, the members are named alpha, beta, gamma and delta. Normally in foods that contain vitamin E, each of the family members is present. However, in most supplements and topical skin care products, only one member is provided, typically alpha-tocopherol. While alpha-tocopherol provides the highest level of vitamin E activity, some of the other members like delta-tocotrienol and gamma-tocotrienol have more potent antioxidant effects. Including all members of the vitamin E family in a formula is more expensive but the finished product provides a broader range of benefits.
- A number of the B-vitamins in the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral are well above the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA). Why are the amounts this high and are they safe? The RDAs or Recommended Daily Allowances are nutritional guidelines that were originally established in 1941 by the National Academy of Sciences. Since their establishment, many studies have been conducted regarding the use of vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutritional supplements. The Guidelines reflect the minimum requirements to achieve health but do not take into consideration sex, age, weight, activity levels and other dietary factors. For this reason, the RDAs are viewed as being deficient particularly as it relates to key antioxidants such as vitamin E and vitamin C. Instead, Optimal Dosages have been established by industry leaders and better reflect requirements based on recent findings from research and longitudinal studies. The Anti Aging Formula has been formulated to contain optimal amounts of each ingredient to ensure safety and efficacy. In particular, the B-Complex has an excellent safety profile even at much higher intakes than the RDA.
- Anti Aging Formula is formulated with 500 mg of calcium. Shouldn’t I be getting closer to 1,000-1,500 mg of calcium per day? Yes. While adult women should obtain about 1,000-1,500 mg of calcium per day in their diet, it is difficult to obtain this amount just from supplements. The best way to obtain this amount of calcium is by obtaining some from a supplement like VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula and by eating foods high in calcium such as low fat dairy products, some dark green leafy vegetables, salmon, and peanuts.
- Anti Aging Formula is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids and why are they important? Bioflavonoids are compounds that are found widely in plants. These plant chemicals are responsible for giving fruits and vegetables their color (reds, yellows, blues). Good sources of flavonoids include all citrus fruits but also tea, red wine and even dark chocolate. Flavonoids serve a number of purposes for plants. They offer protection from insects and microbes; and like other phytochemicals, flavonoids have potent antioxidant protective benefits. Flavonoids enhance the absorption of vitamin C, have an antibacterial effect and promote circulation.
- Anti-Aging Formula includes phytonutrients. What are phytonutrients? Phytonutrients are found in fruits, vegetables, nuts, teas and spices. While over 4,000 phytonutrients have been identified, these plant chemicals can be classified into five major groups: carotenoids (e.g., beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene), phenolics (ellagic acid, quercetin, luteolin, epicatechin, hesperitin, malvidin, genisten), alkaloids, nitrogen-containing compounds and organosulfur compounds (indoles, glucosinolates).
- What role does oxidation and free-radicals play in the aging process? Oxidants are toxic byproducts of cells as they metabolize oxygen to create energy. Oxidants include free-radicals, which are atoms with at least one unpaired electron, making them highly reactive. Because of the way free-radicals interact with other cells in an attempt to stabilize, they often cause a cascading effect that ultimately results in damage to other cells.
- What are antioxidants and what role do they play in health? Antioxidants restore the body’s balance and inhibit cell damage due to oxidative stress. Fortunately, the body has a number of mechanisms in place to neutralize free-radicals. Three enzymes are particularly important in this process and include superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione peroxidase. These enzymes act as antioxidants by bonding with the unpaired electron, thereby neutralizing its potential damaging effect on the body. One of the most important roles that the phytonutrients found in plants have is to provide antioxidant protective benefits.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with deep blue-purple fruits. What health benefits are associated with this color group? The blue-purple fruits in Phyto-5 include elderberry, acai and blueberry. Fruits and vegetables of this color indicate that the plant has a high concentration of flavonoid compounds called anthocyanidins. These compounds exert powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. Anthocyanidins also possess high antioxidant activity, and have anti-cancer and anti-cardiovascular disease properties.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with dark red-pink fruits. What health benefits are associated with this color group? The deep red fruits in Phyto-5 include raspberry, cranberry, cherry and pomegranate. Fruits and vegetables of this color indicate that the plant has a high concentration of flavonoid compounds called anthocyanidins. The phytochemicals found in these fruits exert powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with yellow-orange fruits. What health benefits are associated with this color group? The orange-yellow fruits in Phyto-5 include papaya and mango. Fruits and vegetables of this color indicate that the plant has a high concentration of carotenoids such as alpha carotene, beta carotene, lutein, lycopene and beta cryptoxanthin. Up to 25 different carotenoids have been isolated from mango pulp, these densest of which was beta-carotene. Papaya with red flesh contains high levels of the carotenoid lycopene. Carotenoids exhibit strong antioxidant properties that help to fight free-radicals. These plant chemicals help to maintain good eyesight and protect our skin from ultra violet light.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with dark green vegetables. What health benefits are associated with this color group? The dark green vegetables in Phyto-5 include spinach, kale and broccoli sprouts. Fruits and vegetables of this color indicate that the plant has a high concentration of two carotenoids that appear in nature together - lutein and zeaxanthin. Lutein, which is deposited in the macula of the eye, helps protect against the number one cause of blindness in the U.S. – Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD). Lutein may help protect the skin from the harmful and possibly tumor-causing effects of the sun by scavenging free-radicals.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with white-brown vegetables. What health benefits are associated with this color group? The white vegetable in Phyto-5 is cauliflower. Just because this vegetable does not have a deep color, doesn’t mean that it is not health-promoting. Cauliflower lacks the chlorophyll (green color) found in other vegetables of this class (e.g., broccoli, cabbage, kale) because the florets are shielded from the sun by the plant’s outer leaves. Cauliflower is now available in orange and purple colors indicating that these varietals contain carotenoids and anthocyanins.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with Curcuma longa root extract. What is Curcuma longa and what are the health benefits associated with this spice? Curcuma is a compound extracted from the Curcuma longa root. Best known as the active constituent in the spice turmeric, curcuma is a yellow-orange polyphenol that is being researched for its potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Research has shown that curcuma may help with cognitive deficits and Alzheimer’s disease; have anti-cancer properties, particularly in the lungs; and its anti-inflammatory properties may be of benefit to those suffering from arthritis. Although many people associate turmeric with the distinct flavor and aroma of curry, Curcuma longa root extract is tasteless, odorless and is 18 times stronger than the essential ingredients in curry.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with Cinnulin PF®. What is Cinnulin PF® and what are the health benefits associated with this spice? Cinnulin PF® is the brand name for the active component found in cinnamon, extracted using a proprietary process that filters out the toxins found in cinnamon bark. Cinnamon extract contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant and immune-stimulating properties.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with ginger root. What are the health benefits are associated with this herb? Gingerol is the active constituent that gives the ginger root its distinctive flavor. Due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, ginger plays an integral role in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Boasting anti-cancer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, gingerol is also effective in treating nausea and protecting the liver and heart. Gingerol has been shown to be especially effective in inhibiting the growth of human colorectal and breast cancer cells.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with garlic. What are the health benefits associated with this bulb? Garlic has been shown to have antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties and is used to help prevent certain types of cancers, especially cancers of the stomach and colon. Garlic boasts many sulfur-containing compounds that contribute to its odor and, more importantly, its health benefits. These compounds provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective benefits. Additionally, consumption of garlic has been shown to moderately reduce blood triglycerides and total cholesterol.
- Phyto-5 is formulated with Rooibos tea. What is Rooibos tea and what are the benefits are associated with this tea? Rooibus tea (pronounced roy-bus) is made from the fermented and dried leaves and twigs of the Rooibus, or red bush, a flowering shrub native to South Africa. Rooibus tea is traditionally used to alleviate infantile colic, stomach cramps, allergies, asthma and skin conditions and irritations. Due to its high level of polyphenolic antioxidants, rooibus tea has been shown to have antispasmodic, anti-mutagenic and anti-cancer properties as well as cardioprotective benefits. Rooibus tea is commonly used to treat respiratory disorders, which may be attributed to anti-inflammatory properties.
- Anti Aging Formula is formulated with organic flax seed oil. What is the primary benefit for using flax seed oil? Flax Seed Oil provides an excellent source of alpha-linolenic acid, an Omega-3 essential fatty acid (EFA) that is typically lacking in the American diet. An essential fatty acid is a nutrient that is very important for health and must be obtained through diet or supplementation. EFAs are particularly beneficial for those with maturing, dry skin because this nutrient plays an important role in keeping the skin and other tissues youthful and supple through their lubricating capacity. In addition, EFAs can be very beneficial for individuals with inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Why is Anti Aging Formula formulated with flax seed oil and not fish oil? Both flax seed oil and fish oil are excellent sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. For this reason, we recommend both as part of a healthy, well-balanced diet. While VitaMedica’s Super EPA/DHA fish oil has been molecularly distilled to ensure no fishy aftertaste, some people are reluctant to take a fish oil supplement. To ensure that our Anti Aging Formula appealed to a wide range of patients, we opted to include just our organic Flax Seed Oil supplement. For those wishing to obtain all of the cardiovascular, brain health and anti-inflammatory benefits of fish oil, our Super EPA/DHA Fish oil can be purchased separately.
- Anti Aging Formula does not contain any iron. I thought iron was important; why is this mineral not included? Women of child-bearing age need to make sure that they obtain an adequate amount of iron. Iron is important for growth, promoting resistance to disease and preventing fatigue. However, iron-containing supplements should only be taken after lab tests show an iron deficiency. This is important because iron-overload is twice as common as iron deficiency. Importantly, iron supplements should be taken separately from a multi-vitamin & mineral formulation because iron interferes with the absorption of other nutrients.
- I noticed in the Supplement Facts panel the word “chelate” after each mineral. What does chelate mean? In general, our bodies absorb vitamins without much difficulty, but minerals are not absorbed so well. Chelation is a process that combines a mineral with an amino acid. This process of chelation enhances the absorption of the minerals by “fooling” the body into thinking it is absorbing the amino acid attached to the mineral. The mineral is pulled into the body along with the amino acid, ensuring its absorption. Chelated minerals are more expensive because of the extra step required to attach the amino acid to the mineral. However, this expense is worth it due to the improved absorption.
- I normally take a multi along with a calcium, vitamin E, and vitamin C supplement. Do I need to continue taking these supplements while taking the Anti Aging Formula? In most cases, it is not necessary. One of the benefits of using VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula is that is provides all of the key vitamins and minerals necessary to obtain optimal health and wellness. For this reason, it allows many patients to simplify their nutritional supplement regimen by eliminating many of the additional supplements they have been taking. The only exception is women who have been instructed by their doctor to take additional calcium to prevent the progression of osteoporosis.
- I noticed that the morning tablets are yellow and the evening tablets are white. What is the reason for this and are these artificial colorants? The morning formulation is coated by the B-vitamin riboflavin; the evening formulation is coated with the mineral zinc. Both are natural colorants and do not contain any artificial dyes or colorants.
- If someone has acne and mature skin should they take both the Anti Aging Formula and the Clear Skin Formula? It is not recommended that both supplements be taken at the same time. The combination would duplicate a certain number of nutrients (vitamin A, zinc, chromium). Clear Skin Formula is indicated for those with mild to moderate acne whereas Anti Aging Formula is indicated for those with mature, normal to dry skin.
- What is the recommended dosing for the Anti Aging Formula? The recommended dosing of Anti Aging Formula is 1 packet in the morning and 1 packet in the evening. The morning packet should be taken with breakfast. If a small breakfast is eaten (such as an apple or banana), then the tablets should be taken with lunch. The PM formulation should be taken with dinner or before bedtime.
- Why is it important to take the Anti Aging Formula with food? It is better to take supplements with food because it helps with the absorption and assimilation of nutrients, especially the fat-soluble vitamins. For those who have a sensitive stomach, taking supplements with food can minimize the occurrence of gastrointestinal upset.
- I normally take a “one-a-day” type multi-vitamin & mineral. Why can’t VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula provide everything in just one tablet? While the concept of taking one tablet a day is ideal, in reality, it is difficult to provide all of the essential micronutrients that the body requires in one tablet. This is particularly a challenge for bulk vitamins such as calcium which take up a lot room in a tablet. In addition, this method of delivery is not ideal for the water-soluble vitamins (B-complex and vitamin C) which are not stored in the body and therefore need to be replenished throughout the day. VitaMedica’s Anti Aging Formula also includes the Omega-3 Flax Seed Oil and Broad Spectrum Antioxidants that provide benefits beyond a normal “one-a-day” type multi-vitamin & mineral.
- I have trouble taking tablets. I also find that the tablets can create an upset stomach. Is there anything I can do to help take the tablets? For those individuals who have trouble taking tablets, eating a banana beforehand can help to slide the tablets down the throat. For those who have a sensitive stomach, it becomes even more important to take the tablets with food.
- What other VitaMedica supplements are beneficial to support overall health & wellness? Maintaining overall health and wellness is a reflection of a health-promoting diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables and high-quality protein and fat sources. VitaMedica’s Wellness Supplements are designed to fill-in the gaps where diet leaves off. Our Omega-3 supplements, including Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil , provide an excellent source of these important polyunsaturated fats. Glucosamine Sulfate provides naturally occurring compounds that stabilize cartilage to maintain healthy joint function and new cartilage production. For more information, refer to the Wellness Products section of our website.
Phytonutrients are responsible for giving plants their distinctive color. Although colorful, plant pigments are actually designed to protect the plant from the sun’s harmful rays. Importantly, these plant chemicals protect the plant from bacteria, viruses, parasites and insects. When consumed, phytochemicals confer a wide range of health benefits to humans including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer.
Free-radicals form as a by-product of normal cellular activity. In addition, exposure to ultraviolet light, pollution, and cigarette smoke also contribute to free-radical formation. Even diet and stress can affect the level of free-radical formation in the body. This is important because excessive free-radical formation can damage cells and tissue. Researchers also believe that free-radical damage contributes to aging.