Multi-Vitamin & Mineral
Simplify your supplement regimen with our comprehensive Multi-Vitamin & Mineral. Tired of buying a separate multi, vitamin C, calcium or B-complex supplement? Then you’ll love our Multi. The formulation includes a broad range of vitamins and minerals to support bone, joint and cardiovascular health. The full B-complex not only supports energy levels but promotes glowing skin, strong nails & shiny hair. Ensure that you obtain the right nutrients, at the right time, at optimal dosing by adding our Multi-Vitamin & Mineral to your healthy lifestyle. Learn more about women’s multi-vitamins. Kit contains Energy Support (90 tablets) and Bone Support (90 tablets).
- A great choice if you love our Recovery Support Program or Healing Support Program. Maintains surgical results and supports long-term health & wellness.
- Energy Support enhances energy levels throughout the day. Bone Support supports rest and relaxation in the evening. The use of chronotherapy ensures optimal absorption and assimilation of vitamin C and the B-complex.
- Betatene® - a natural mixed carotenoid blend plus natural mixed vitamin E (mixed tocopherols, mixed tocotrienols) ensure absorption and assimilation of these two vitamins.
- Niacin exerts a favorable effect on cholesterol levels by increasing favorable HDL levels and to a lesser extent, lowering unfavorable LDL and triglyceride levels.
- Vitamins B6, B12 and folate counteract deficiencies which are more common as we get older and can lead to high homocysteine levels - a powerful risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- With 750 mg of calcium, 450 IU of vitamin D, 450 mg of magnesium, 75 mcg of vitamin K and 1.5 mg of boron to support bone and joint health.
- Chelation, a process that attaches an amino acid with a mineral, enhances mineral absorption.
- Excludes botanicals and herbal ingredients which add extra cost and should be taken separately from a multi-vitamin & mineral.
- Non-iron formula. Iron should only be taken by individuals who are iron deficient and should be taken separately to improve absorption.
- Riboflavin coated AM tablets and zinc coated PM tablets slide down easy and are odorless.
- Lot number and expiration date ensures product freshness and quality. Manufactured in the U.S. using Good Manufacturing Practices.
Rate & Review this Product! We would love your feedback, and your opinion will help other shoppers in finding the right product as well. Happy Shopping!
How would you rate this product?:
(Roll-over and click to select the stars)
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take three tablets of Energy Support with breakfast or lunch. Take three tablets of Bone Support with dinner or before bedtime. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
Notice: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product. Store in a cool, dry place.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: ENERGY SUPPORT and BONE SUPPORT contain niacin, which may cause a temporary redness of the skin and flushing. BONE SUPPORT contains vitamin K and is contraindicated in patients taking blood thinners like Coumadin® (warfarin).
View, save or print for more information on our product.
MULTI-VITAMIN & MINERAL FAQS
- If I eat a healthy diet, do I need to take a vitamin & mineral supplement? No, but the vast majority of Americans do not eat a healthy diet. Extensive research and decades of clinical practice have demonstrated the necessity of good nutrition for optimal health and well-being. Despite this knowledge, most Americans do not eat a well-balanced diet on a consistent basis. Of particular concern is inadequate consumption of a variety of fruits and vegetables. These foods are rich in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids – nutrients that are vital for optimal health and wellness. A multi-vitamin & mineral supplement is designed to meet the nutritional needs of individuals who do not eat the variety and quality of foods needed to obtain optimal levels of these important micronutrients.
- Who should use the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral? Our high-potency Multi-Vitamin & Mineral is indicated for those who do not eat the variety and quality of foods to obtain essential vitamins and minerals to optimize overall health and wellness. Because the supplement is formulated with higher amounts of the B-Complex, calcium, magnesium and vitamin D than a typical multi, VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral is particularly well-suited for women between the ages of 35 – 65 years.
- Who should not use the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral? Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral contains niacin, which may cause a temporary redness of the skin and flushing. The evening formulation contains vitamin K and is contraindicated in patients taking blood thinners like Coumadin. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
- What is the primary benefit of using the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral? To conveniently and easily obtain all of the essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants needed to obtain optimal wellness and health.
- What makes VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral product unique? Quality – the ingredients, dosing and formula are put together in such a manner thereby ensuring optimal absorption and utilization by the body. Like many things in life, you get what you pay for and the same is true with nutritional supplements. Because VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral supplement is so complete, no other vitamin or mineral supplements need to be taken. The supplement is available in a morning and evening formulation. The use of time, or chronotherapy, provides the right nutrients at the right time of day. In addition, divided doses ensure optimal absorption of the water-soluble vitamins. The formulation contains natural vitamins, which provide better absorption than their synthetic counterparts. The supplement also contains the right balance of vitamins & minerals to eliminate the worry about whether you’re taking the right amount, or in the right combination. And, the product contains chelated minerals for maximal absorption. The supplement does not contain any preservatives or dyes which can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Why is the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral provided in a two-part formula? To enhance absorption and to provide the right nutrients at the right time of day and. The morning formulation contains nutrients needed to stay energized and alert, with stable blood glucose levels during the day (e.g., B-complex, chromium), and cope with stress. Conversely, the evening formulation contains nutrients needed during the evening to promote rest and relaxation, enhance dreaming during sleep and restore brain neuro-chemicals (e.g., calcium and other minerals). Another reason for taking supplements in the morning and evening is that the water-soluble vitamins (vitamin C and the B-Complex) are better absorbed if taken in divided doses. These nutrients are not stored in the tissues like the fat-soluble vitamins.
- The Supplement Facts Panel indicates that the source of vitamin A is from Betatene®. What is Betatene? Although most people have heard of beta-carotene, a number of other carotenes exist including alpha-carotene, gamma-carotene, lycopene, zeaxanthin, and lutein. While not all of the carotenes convert to vitamin A, all provide excellent antioxidant protective benefits. Most supplements contain just beta-carotene and in many cases, the source is not natural but is synthesized. Betatene is a naturally occurring blend of carotenes, which includes beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin and lutein. Betatene is derived from D. salina algae and is grown on the world’s largest cultivated algae farm, located in Whyalla, Australia.
- Multi-Vitamin & Mineral is formulated with 300 mg of vitamin C. Shouldn’t I be getting more of this nutrient on a daily basis? Not necessarily. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that has an excellent safety track record. While most individuals are accustomed to taking 500, 1,000 or even 1,500 mg of vitamin C daily, our bodies do not require this amount for optimal health and wellness. At high doses, the risk of toxicity with vitamin C is very low because unlike their fat-soluble counterpart, the body does not store the excess. But, taking amounts over 1,000 mg can cause gastrointestinal upset in some people. Supplementing the diet with 300 mg per day of vitamin C to support general health and wellness is sufficient for most individuals. However, boosting vitamin C intake during periods of stress (injury, sickness or surgery) is recommended which is why VitaMedica’s Clinical Support for Surgery supplement (taken during the peri-operative period) is formulated with 750 mg of this nutrient.
- The Supplements Facts Panel refers to two sources of Vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols). Why are both forms provided in the formula? To provide both vitamin E activity and antioxidant protective benefits. Vitamin E refers to a family of eight compounds: four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. In each family, the members are named alpha, beta, gamma and delta. Normally in foods that contain vitamin E, each of the family members is present. However, in most supplements and topical skin care products, only one member is provided, typically alpha-tocopherol. While alpha-tocopherol provides the highest level of vitamin E activity, some of the other members like delta-tocotrienol and gamma-tocotrienol have more potent antioxidant effects. Including all members of the vitamin E family in a formula is more expensive but the finished product provides a broader range of benefits.
- A number of the B-vitamins in the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral are well above the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA). Why are the amounts this high and are they safe? he RDAs or Recommended Daily Allowances are nutritional guidelines that were originally established in 1941 by the National Academy of Sciences. Since their establishment, many studies have been conducted regarding the use of vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutritional supplements. The Guidelines reflect the minimum requirements to achieve health but do not take into consideration sex, age, weight, activity levels and other dietary factors. For this reason, the RDAs are viewed as being deficient particularly as it relates to key antioxidants such as vitamin E and vitamin C. Instead, Optimal Dosages have been established by industry leaders and better reflect requirements based on recent findings from research and longitudinal studies. The Multi-Vitamin & Mineral has been formulated to contain optimal amounts of each ingredient to ensure safety and efficacy. In particular, the B-Complex has an excellent safety profile even at much higher intakes than the RDA.
- Multi-Vitamin & Mineral is formulated with 750 mg of calcium. Shouldn’t I be getting closer to 1,000-1,500 mg of calcium per day? Yes. While adult women should obtain about 1,000-1,500 mg of calcium per day in their diet, it is difficult to obtain this amount just from supplements. The best way to obtain this amount of calcium is by obtaining some from a supplement like VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral and by eating foods high in calcium such as low fat dairy products, some dark green leafy vegetables, salmon, and peanuts.
- Multi-Vitamin & Mineral is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids and why are they important? Bioflavonoids are compounds that are found widely in plants. These plant chemicals are responsible for giving fruits and vegetables their color (reds, yellows, blues). Good sources of flavonoids include all citrus fruits but also tea, red wine and even dark chocolate. Flavonoids serve a number of purposes for plants. They offer protection from insects and microbes; and like other phytochemicals, flavonoids have potent antioxidant protective benefits. Flavonoids enhance the absorption of vitamin C, have an antibacterial effect and promote circulation.
- Multi-Vitamin & Mineral does not contain any iron. I thought iron was important; why is this mineral not included? Women of child-bearing age need to make sure that they obtain an adequate amount of iron. Iron is important for growth, promoting resistance to disease and preventing fatigue. However, iron-containing supplements should only be taken after lab tests show an iron deficiency. This is important because iron-overload is twice as common as iron deficiency. Importantly, iron supplements should be taken separately from a multi-vitamin & mineral formulation because iron interferes with the absorption of other nutrients.
- I noticed in the Supplement Facts panel the word “chelate” after each mineral. What does chelate mean? In general, our bodies absorb vitamins without much difficulty, but minerals are not absorbed so well. Chelation is a process that combines a mineral with an amino acid. This process of chelation enhances the absorption of the minerals by “fooling” the body into thinking it is absorbing the amino acid attached to the mineral. The mineral is pulled into the body along with the amino acid, ensuring its absorption. Chelated minerals are more expensive because of the extra step required to attach the amino acid to the mineral. However, this expense is worth it due to the improved absorption.
- My regular multi-vitamin contains some herbal ingredients. Why doesn’t VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral include these? Because herbal supplements should be taken separately and used for condition specific purposes only. Supplements like GNC’s Ultra Mega Woman’s contain herbal ingredients. In most cases, this practice supports a marketing position rather than provide a health benefit because the dosing is usually very low. Varro Tyler, a leading herb expert, recommends that herbs be used only for specific conditions and for limited duration. Examples would include dong quai to relieve menopausal symptoms or St. John’s Wort to quell mild depression.
- I normally take a multi along with a calcium, vitamin E, and vitamin C supplement. Do I need to continue taking these supplements while taking the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral? In most cases, it is not necessary. One of the benefits of using VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral supplement is that is provides all of the key vitamins and minerals necessary to obtain optimal health and wellness. For this reason, it allows many patients to simplify their nutritional supplement regimen by eliminating many of the additional supplements they have been taking. The only exception is women who have been instructed by their doctor to take additional calcium to prevent the progression of osteoporosis.
- I noticed that the AM tablets are yellow and the PM tablets are white. What is the reason for this and are these artificial colorants? The morning formulation is coated by the B-vitamin riboflavin; the evening formulation is coated with the mineral zinc. Both are natural colorants and do not contain any artificial dyes or colorants. The color-coding is helpful to distinguish between the daytime and evening supplements.
- What is the recommended dosing for the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral supplement? The recommended dosage is 3 tablets in the morning and 3 tablets in the evening. The AM formulation should be taken with breakfast. If a small breakfast is eaten (such as an apple or banana), then the tablets should be taken with lunch. The PM formulation should be taken with dinner or before bedtime.
- I normally take a “one-a-day” type multi-vitamin & mineral. Why can’t VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral provide everything in just one tablet? While the concept of taking one tablet a day is ideal, in reality, it is difficult to provide all of the essential micronutrients that the body requires in one tablet. This is particularly a challenge for bulk vitamins such as calcium which take up a lot room in a tablet. In addition, this method of delivery is not ideal for the water-soluble vitamins (B-complex and vitamin C) which are not stored in the body and therefore need to be replenished throughout the day.
- Why is it important to take the Multi-Vitamin & Mineral supplement with food? It is better to take supplements with food because it helps with the absorption and assimilation of nutrients, especially the fat-soluble vitamins.
- I have trouble taking tablets. I also find that the tablets can create an upset stomach. Is there anything I can do to help take the tablets? For those individuals who have trouble taking tablets, eating a banana beforehand can help to slide the tablets down the throat. For those who have a sensitive stomach, it becomes even more important to take the tablets with food.
- What other VitaMedica supplements are beneficial to support overall health & wellness? Maintaining overall health and wellness is a reflection of a health-promoting diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables and high-quality protein and fat sources. VitaMedica’s Wellness Supplements are designed to fill-in the gaps where diet leaves off. Our Omega-3 supplements, including Flax Seed Oil and Super EPA/DHA Fish Oil, provide an excellent source of these important polyunsaturated fats. Broad Spectrum Antioxidant is formulated with a wide range of phytonutrients to provide protection against multiple types of free-radicals. Glucosamine Sulfate provides naturally occurring compounds that stabilize cartilage to maintain healthy joint function and new cartilage production. For more information, refer to the Wellness Products section of our website.