Arnica+K Cream is ideal following cosmetic filler injections (e.g., Botox®, Restylane®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Radiesse®) and after facial procedures.
Arnica+K Cream softens, calms, moisturizes, and restores bruised skin. Formulated with natural ingredients including Arnica montana, vitamin K oxide, vitamin C and botanicals, Arnica+ K Cream improves the appearance of post-procedural bruising.
- Arnica montana has been used medicinally for hundreds of years to help minimize the appearance of bruising and skin discoloration. Arnica Montana is an herbal remedy that has been traditionally used for bruising.
- Clinical studies have demonstrated vitamin K role in hastening the resolution of bruising after a cosmetic procedure or injury. Vitamin K oxide has been shown to be more active, heat stable and less allergenic compared to vitamin K.
- Vitamin C ester and grape seed extract are powerful antioxidants that can help improve the appearance of the damaging effects of UV exposure on the skin while supporting healthy collagen production.
- Horse chestnut, hesperidin and comfrey help skin look smooth and radiant.
- Chamomile has cooling, soothing and refreshing properties and as an emollient provides valuable moisture to the skin.
- Phytosome® plant sterols reduce vascular permeability and edema.
- Vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation to injured tissue.
- Natural grapefruit oil imparts faint, fresh citrus scent.
- Silicone base has an elegant, silky feel that helps soothe skin and tissue.
- Free of parabens, artificial colors, and fragrances.
The ABCs of Recovery Support include Arnica Montana, Bromelain, Clinical Support and SurgiLax. To learn more about these nutraceuticals, visit the Surgery + Recovery section.
How to Use
Directions: Apply a thin layer of cream to the desired area. Reapply 3 times daily as needed.
Warnings: For external use only. Do not apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Stop use if rash or irritation occurs. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If swallowed, seek medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Arnica+K Cream?
Arnica+K Cream helps to restore healthy-looking skin after a surgical or non-surgical procedure. The Cream softens, calms, and moisturizes bruised skin. Formulated with Arnica montana, vitamin K oxide, vitamin C and botanicals, Arnica+ K Cream improves the appearance of post-procedural bruising.
2. What are the indications for Arnica+K Cream?
Arnica+K Cream is ideal for the bruising that often accompanies facial surgical procedures like rhinoplasty (nose job), rhytidectomy (face lift) and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery); after non-surgical facial procedures like laser and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®) and post cosmetic filler injections (e.g., Botox®, Restylane®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Radiesse®). The Cream is ideal for smaller areas including the face, neck and back of the hands.
3. What are the contraindications for Arnica+K Cream?
Arnica+K Cream is formulated with Arnica Montana, vitamin K oxide, vitamin C, horse chestnut, comfrey, and grape seed extract. Although the Cream is dermatologist tested and suitable for sensitive skin, those with known allergies to these ingredients should avoid using the product. Arnica+K Cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. Please refer to the product packaging for more information on Warnings.
4. What makes VitaMedica’s Arnica+K Cream unique?
VitaMedica’s Arnica+K Cream combines traditionally used Arnica Montana with vitamin K oxide plus vitamin C and botanicals to hasten the resolution of bruising. Arnica+K Cream also utilizes a unique liposome nanotechnology transdermal system to ensure delivery of active ingredients to the skin.
5. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with phytonadione epoxide (2% Vitamin K Oxide). What is phytonadione epoxide?
Phytonadione epoxide or vitamin K oxide, is more active, heat stable and less allergenic than vitamin K. Topical applications of vitamin K oxide have been shown to hasten the healing process and reduce the severity of bruising after non-surgical and surgical interventions. Studies have shown that vitamin K oxide is effective in treating purpura that occurs after postprocedural treatment using PDL (pulsed dye laser) devices as well as assisting in the prevention of erythema post treatment. Due to role that this active metabolite plays in blood clotting as well as resolving bruising, vitamin K oxide represents a likely treatment for dark under eye circles.
6. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with Arnica Montana (3% HPUS). What is the benefit of using Arnica?
As a homeopathic ingredient, Arnica montana has been safely used for centuries to treat bruising and swelling.
7. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with escin. What is escin?
Escin is a botanical compound that is extracted from the horse chestnut seed. Escin contains a number of botanical compounds that have anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictor and vasoprotective effects. For this reason, escin is often used to support vascular and circulatory health. High-quality evidence suggests escin is a safe and effective treatment for chronic venous insufficiency. In one randomized controlled trial, horse chestnut extract was found to be as effective and well-tolerated as use of compression stockings.
8. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with vitamin C ester. What is vitamin C ester?
Vitamin C ester is a derivative of vitamin C that is more stable and penetrates the skin more deeply and is less likely to break down due to environmental exposure. Vitamin C ester has antioxidant activity and can mitigate the damaging effects of ultraviolet exposure. Studies have shown that vitamin C ester stimulates collagen production as well as clarifies and brightens the skin by inhibiting melanogenesis (the production of pigment), thereby promoting a more even skin tone. Unlike ascorbic acid, the ester form will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
9. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids?
Bioflavonoids help maximize the benefits of vitamin C by inhibiting its breakdown in the body. These plant chemicals have potential vasoprotective properties and are used to decrease capillary permeability and fragility.
10. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with grape seed extract. What is grape seed extract?
Grape seed extract is made by removing, drying, and pulverizing the bitter-tasting seeds of the grape. Grape seeds are rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids, anthocyanins, flavonoids, and proanthocyanidins. Antioxidants help to protect cells from free radical damage.
11. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with comfrey. What is comfrey?
The herb comfrey has a long history of medicinal use. The plant contains several beneficial compounds that help to moisturize and soften the skin, making it more supple. The regenerative compounds found in comfrey, such as allantoin, tannins and rosmarinic acid, help to speed up the natural replacement of cells and encourage new tissue growth.
12. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with allantoin. What is allantoin?
Allantoin which is found within the root mucilage of the comfrey plant is best known for its skin calming properties which helps to resolve skin irritation. The beneficial effects for allantoin as an active ingredient in cosmetic formulations includes a moisturizing and keratolytic effect, increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix and enhancing the desquamation of upper layers of dead skin cells, increasing the smoothness of the skin; promotion of cell proliferation and wound healing; and a soothing, anti-irritant, and skin protectant effect by forming complexes with irritant and sensitizing agents.
13. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with chamomile. What is chamomile?
Chamomile has a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect on skin. As an emollient, chamomile also provides valuable moisture to the skin.
14. Arnica+K Cream is formulated with bisabolol. What is bisabolol?
Bisabolol, or alpha-bisabolol, is a terpene (plant phytochemical) found in chamomile that produces a sweet, floral aroma. It is often used in cosmetic products because of its pleasant scent, and it is said to have skin-healing properties.
15. When do I start using VitaMedica’s Arnica+K Cream?
Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following a surgical procedure, treatment or injury, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides.
16. How much Arnica+K Cream should I use and how long will it last?
Use enough cream to provide a thin layer of coverage to the entire affected area, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. For most individuals, a pea size amount should suffice. This will provide approximately 3-4 weeks of application.
17. Should I use both the Arnica+K Cream and the Arnica Montana 30X HPUS tablets?
Yes. By using this bi-directional approach, the synergistic anti-bruising benefits help to restore skin more quickly.
18. What is the shelf-life of Arnica+K Cream?
The shelf-life of Arnica+K Cream is two years from the manufactured date. Each tube provides information on the lot number and the expiration date can be verified from this production lot.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]
Arnica + Vitamin K Cream for Bruising Reviews
- Supports Digestive & Immune System†$40.00
- 750 mg Omega-3 Formulation$38.00
- Helps Cover Nutritional Gaps in Your Diet$26.00
- Restore Bruised Skin After Fillers, Surgery or Injury$51.00
- Restore Healthy-Looking Skin with Arnica and Vitamin K Oxide$26.00
- Restore Bruised Skin After Fillers & Injections$36.50
- Supports Immune Health & Well-Being†$17.00
- Supports Strong Bones & Immune System†$10.00