Subscribe & Save today for 15% off your first shipment!
Made in the USA
From the highest quality ingredients sourced globally.
Arnica+K Cream is ideal following cosmetic filler injections (e.g., Botox®, Restylane®, Juvederm®, Perlane®, Radiesse®) and after facial procedures.
Arnica+K Cream softens, calms, moisturizes, and restores bruised skin. Formulated with natural ingredients including Arnica montana, vitamin K, vitamin C and botanicals, Arnica+ K Cream improves the appearance of post-procedural bruising.
- Arnica montana has been used medicinally for hundreds of years to help minimize the appearance of bruising and skin discoloration. Arnica Montana is an herbal remedy that has been traditionally used for bruising.
- Clinical studies have demonstrated vitamin K’s role in hastening the resolution of bruising after a cosmetic procedure or injury.
- Vitamin C ester and grape seed extract are powerful antioxidants that can help improve the appearance of the damaging effects of UV exposure on the skin while supporting healthy collagen production.
- Horse chestnut, hesperidin and comfrey help skin look smooth and radiant.
- Chamomile has cooling, soothing and refreshing properties and as an emollient provides valuable moisture to the skin.
- Phytosome® plant sterols reduce vascular permeability and edema.
- Vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation to injured tissue.
- Natural grapefruit oil imparts faint, fresh citrus scent.
- Silicone base has an elegant, silky feel that helps soothe skin and tissue.
- Free of parabens, artificial colors, and fragrances.
The ABCs of Recovery Support include Arnica Montana, Bromelain, Clinical Support and SurgiLax. To learn more about these nutraceuticals, visit the Restore + Recover products section.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Phosphatidylcholine, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Glucosyl Hesperidin (Bioflavonoids), Dimethicone, Arnica Montana, Escin (Horse Chestnut), Beta-Sitosterol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Vitamin K, Glycerin, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, and Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate.
How to Use
Directions: Apply a thin layer of cream to the desired area. Reapply 3 times daily as needed.
Warnings: For external use only. Do not apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Stop use if rash or irritation occurs. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If swallowed, seek medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Arnica + K Cream?
Arnica + K Cream is useful for treating bruising and swelling associated with soft tissue injury. Whether you bang your arm into a wall, twist your ankle or undergo facial plastic surgery, tiny capillaries in the affected area rupture. Blood, which escapes into the surrounding tissue, shows up on the surface of the skin in shades of purple, red and blue and is referred to as ecchymosis or a bruise. As the blood is reabsorbed and the area heals, the discoloration changes to a greenish-yellow hue.
It is believed that Arnica Montana increases the flow of blood through the affected capillaries causing escaped fluids to be absorbed. The absorption of the fluids makes black and blue marks go away faster and reduces the swelling, relieving the pressure on nerve endings. This, in turn, relieves the pain and stiffness. Arnica also stimulates white blood cells, which then help disperse material trapped in bruised tissue, muscles, and joints. Vitamin K is well-known for its role in reducing bruising. Botanicals like vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract help strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation in the dermis.
2. What makes VitaMedica’s Arnica + K Cream unique?
VitaMedica’s Arnica + K Cream combines the well-known anti-bruise benefits of Arnica Montana plus vitamin K to effectively speed the recovery of unsightly bruises. The formula is designed to meet the needs of patients suffering from soft tissue injury due to minor surgical procedures, trauma, or injury. Arnica + K Cream is the first topical formulation on the market to combine Arnica Montana plus vitamin K and botanicals for the ultimate anti-bruise cream that also helps calm, soothe, and improve micro-circulation in the skin. Arnica + K Cream also utilizes a unique liposome nanotechnology transdermal system to ensure delivery of active ingredients to the skin. VitaMedica’s Arnica + K Cream is provided in a 0.5 oz. tube and serves as an ideal companion to our Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets.
3. When do I start using VitaMedica’s Arnica + K Cream? When do I stop using the product?
Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides. For best results, use with VitaMedica Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets. Arnica + K Cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
4. How much Arnica + K Cream should I use and how long will it last?
This depends on the size of the injury or incision. Use enough cream to provide a thin layer of coverage to the entire affected area, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. For most individuals, a pea size amount should suffice. This will provide approximately 3-4 weeks of application.
5. Who should use Arnica + K Cream?
Arnica + K Cream is ideal for the bruising and swelling that often accompanies facial surgical procedures like rhinoplasty (nose job), rhytidectomy (facelift) and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery); non-surgical procedures like laser and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®) and sprains & strains from overuse or sports injury.
6. Who should not use Arnica + K Cream?
Topical bruise reduction ingredients have an excellent safety track record. However, individuals with a known allergy to Arnica Montana, topical formulations of vitamin K, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey, or grape seed extract, should not use the product.
7. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with phytonadione. What is phytonadione and why is it used?
Phytonadione is also known as vitamin K and, in a topical form, is well-researched for its anti-bruise properties. Although scientists do not yet understand how vitamin K works to reduce bruising on a cellular level, a smaller-scale study showed that topical application of a cream with at least 1% vitamin K (other strengths were used, too) shortened the amount of time that skin is reddish-purple after a pulsed dye laser treatment.
8. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with escin. What is escin and why is it used?
Also known as “purified escin,” this botanical can be used on its own but forms part of the compound that makes up the complete horse chestnut extract. It is becoming very popular in phytomedicine, due to the clinical evidence of its effectiveness in the treatment of vascular and circulatory disorders. Aescin or escin is a mixture of saponins with anti-inflammatory, vasoconstrictor and vasoprotective effects found in Aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut). Escin is the main active compound in horse chestnut and is responsible for most of its medicinal properties. High-quality evidence suggests aescin is a safe and effective treatment for chronic venous insufficiency. In one randomized controlled trial, horse chestnut extract was found to be as effective and well-tolerated as the use of compression stockings.
9. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with vitamin C ester. What is vitamin C ester and why is it used?
Vitamin C ester, otherwise known as tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, is a very stable, oil-soluble vitamin C ester which has antioxidant activity, inhibiting lipid peroxidation. Topical use can mitigate the damaging effects of ultraviolet exposure. Studies have shown it to stimulate collagen production as well as clarify and brighten the skin by inhibiting melanogenesis (the production of pigment), thereby promoting a more even skin tone. Unlike ascorbic acid, it will not exfoliate or irritate skin.
10. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids and why are they used?
Bioflavonoids like rutin, monoxerutin, diosmin, troxerutin and hidrosmin have potential vasoprotective proprieties still under experimental evaluation. They are often used to decrease permeability and fragility in capillaries in certain conditions. Bioflavonoids also help maximize the benefits of vitamin C by inhibiting its breakdown in the body.
11. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with grape seed Extract. What is grape seed extract and why is it used?
Grape seed extract is a botanical extract shown to be an effective antioxidant. Not only is grape seed extract a powerful antioxidant, it also exhibits some wound healing properties.
12. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with comfrey. What is comfrey and why is it used?
The herb comfrey contains allantoin, a cell proliferant that speeds up the natural replacement of body cells. Comfrey, having an ancient reputation as a wound-healer, is an effective remedy for a great variety of conditions. It is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal treatment, helps in reducing swelling and inflammation, relieves pain, shrinks blood vessels, stimulates blood clotting and cell growth, and expedites the healing process.
13. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with allantoin. What is allantoin and why is it used?
Allantoin is a botanical thought to have calming properties to the skin that help resolve irritation. Allantoin is present in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant. Manufacturers cite several beneficial effects for allantoin as an active ingredient in over-the-counter cosmetics: a moisturizing and keratolytic effect, increasing the water content of the extracellular matrix and enhancing the desquamation of upper layers of dead skin cells, increasing the smoothness of the skin; promotion of cell proliferation and wound healing; and a soothing, anti-irritant, and skin protectant effect by forming complexes with irritant and sensitizing agents.
14. Arnica + K Cream is formulated with chamomile. What is chamomile and why is it used?
Chamomile is considered to have a cooling, soothing and refreshing effect on the skin. This emollient also provides valuable moisture to the skin.
15. Should I use both the Arnica + K Cream and the Arnica Montana 30X tablets?
Yes, for best results a bi-directional approach should be used. This will provide anti-bruising benefits from both the inside and out.
16. What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery?
Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can help cover any gaps to ensure optimal nutrition, and obtain targeted nutrients that promote a smooth recovery. Arnica Montana 30X sublingual tablets and Arnica + K Cream help resolve bruising naturally. SurgiLax combines cascara sagrada and a propriety blend of 10 herbs to alleviate post-surgical constipation and support gastrointestinal health immediately following surgery. With 8 billion CFUs of beneficial bacteria per enteric-coated vegetarian capsule, Probiotic-8 is an ideal solution to maintain a healthy microbiome and counteract the negative side effects of antibiotics including diarrhea, and yeast infection in women.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email email@example.com
Arnica + Vitamin K Cream for Bruising Reviews
- Restore Healthy-Looking Skin with Arnica and Vitamin K$22.00