Select Subscribe & Save to save 25% today!
In stock (can be backordered)
Made in the USA
From the highest quality ingredients sourced globally.
VitaMedica’s Bone Support is formulated with calcium, magnesium, boron, vitamins D and K to support bone strength and density.†
An added bonus – the mineral intensive formula naturally helps you develop a sense of calm and feel relaxed and restful in the evenings.†
Maintain bone density now by incorporating Bone Support into your healthy lifestyle.†
- With 525 mg of calcium, 450 IU of vitamin D, 315 mg of magnesium, plus vitamin K and boron to support bone and joint health.†
- Formulated with Betatene® – a natural mixed carotenoid blend – plus natural mixed vitamin E (mixed tocopherols, mixed tocotrienols) to enhance nutrient availability and absorption.
- Chelation, a process that attaches an amino acid with a mineral, enhances mineral absorption.
- Zinc coated tablets slide down easy and are odorless.
- Excludes artificial dyes and colorants.
- For best results, take in combination with VitaMedica’s Energy Support daytime formulation.
Bone Support is part of the Skin + Beauty product line. These supplements are designed to turn-back the clock by supporting glowing skin, strong nails, and lustrous hair†. To learn more about these nutraceuticals, visit the Skin + Beauty products section.
Nutrition & Ingredients
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, hypromellose, croscarmellose sodium, titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, maltodextrin, sodium citrate-dihydrate and polysorbate 80.
Betatene® is a registered trademark of COGNIS IP MANAGEMENT GMBH. TRAACS® is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc. TOCOBEADS® is a registered trademark of LYCORED CORPORATION.
How to Use
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take three tablets with dinner or before bedtime. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
WARNINGS: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product.
BONE SUPPORT contains vitamin K and is contraindicated in patients taking blood thinners. This product also contains niacin, which may cause a temporary redness of the skin and flushing.
Not manufactured with wheat, milk, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Bone Support?
Bone Support is designed to contain optimal amounts of minerals that support rest and relaxation in the evening. As the name implies, Bone Support includes vitamin D, vitamin K, boron, calcium, and magnesium to support bone health.
2. What makes VitaMedica’s Bone Support product unique?
Quality – the ingredients, dosing, and formula are specifically designed to ensure optimal intake and absorption. The formulation contains natural vitamins, which provide better absorption than their synthetic counterparts, and chelated minerals for maximal absorption, in just the right balance of vitamins & minerals to eliminate the worry about whether you’re taking enough, or in the right combination. Contain no preservatives or dyes which can cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
3. Who should use Bone Support?
Bone Support is indicated for those who do not eat the variety and quality of foods to obtain essential vitamins and minerals to optimize overall health and wellness. Because the supplement is formulated with higher amounts of B-Complex, calcium, magnesium and vitamin D than a typical multi, VitaMedica’s Bone Support is particularly well-suited for women between the ages of 35 – 65 years.
4. Who should not use the Bone Support?
Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. VitaMedica’s Bone Support contains niacin, which may cause a temporary redness of the skin and flushing. It also contains vitamin K and is contraindicated in patients taking blood thinners. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
5. If I eat a healthy diet, do I need to take Bone Support?
No, but the clear majority of Americans do not eat a healthy diet. Extensive research and decades of clinical practice have demonstrated the necessity of good nutrition for optimal health and well-being. Despite this knowledge, most Americans do not eat a well-balanced diet on a consistent basis. Of particular concern is inadequate consumption of a variety of fruits and vegetables. These foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids – nutrients that are vital for optimal health and wellness. A multi-vitamin & mineral supplement is designed to meet the nutritional needs of individuals who do not eat the variety and quality of foods needed to obtain optimal levels of these important micronutrients.
6. Bone Support is formulated with 150 mg of vitamin C. Shouldn’t I be getting more of this nutrient daily?
Not necessarily. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that has an excellent safety track record. While most individuals are accustomed to taking 500, 1,000 or even 1,500 mg of vitamin C daily, our bodies do not require this amount for optimal health and wellness. At high doses, the risk of toxicity with vitamin C is very low because unlike their fat-soluble counterpart, the body does not store the excess. But, taking amounts over 1,000 mg can cause gastrointestinal upset in some people. Supplementing the diet with 150 mg to 300 mg per day of vitamin C to support general health and wellness is sufficient for most individuals. A higher intake is recommended during periods of stress (injury, sickness, surgery) which is why VitaMedica’s Clinical Support Program is formulated with 750 mg of this nutrient.
7. The Supplements Facts Panel refers to two sources of Vitamin E (tocopherols and tocotrienols). Why are both forms provided in the formula?
To provide both vitamin E activity and antioxidant protective benefits. Vitamin E refers to a family of eight compounds: four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. In each family, the members are named alpha, beta, gamma, and delta. Normally in foods that contain vitamin E, each of the family members is present. However, in most supplements and topical skin care products, only one member is provided, typically alpha-tocopherol. While alpha-tocopherol provides the highest level of vitamin E activity, some of the other members like delta-tocotrienol and gamma-tocotrienol have more potent antioxidant effects. Including all members of the vitamin E family in a formula is more expensive but the finished product provides a broader range of benefits.
8. A few of the nutrients in Bone Support are well above the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA). Why are the amounts this high and are they safe?
The RDAs or Recommended Daily Allowances are nutritional guidelines that were originally established in 1941 by the National Academy of Sciences. The Guidelines reflect the minimum requirements to achieve health but do not take into consideration sex, age, weight, activity levels, and other dietary factors. For this reason, the RDAs are viewed as being deficient particularly as it relates to key antioxidants such as vitamin E and vitamin C. Instead, Optimal Dosages have been established by industry leaders that better reflect nutritional requirements based on findings from the many research and longitudinal studies conducted since 1941. Bone Support has been formulated to contain optimal amounts of each ingredient to ensure safety and efficacy. Of these, the B-Complex has a superlative safety profile even at much higher intakes than the RDA, as these water-soluble vitamins are not stored in the body.
9. Bone Support is formulated with 750 mg of calcium. Shouldn’t I be getting closer to 1,000-1,500 mg of calcium per day?
Yes. While adult women should obtain about 1,000-1,500 mg of calcium per day in their diet, it is difficult – and not recommended – to obtain this amount just from supplements. The best way to reach the daily recommendation of calcium is by eating foods high in calcium, such as low-fat dairy products, some dark green leafy vegetables, salmon, and peanuts, and using a supplement like VitaMedica’s Bone Support to cover any remaining balance.
10. Bone Support does not contain any iron. I thought iron was important; why is this mineral not included?
Women of child-bearing age need to make sure that they obtain an adequate amount of iron. Iron is important for growth, promoting resistance to disease, and preventing fatigue. However, iron-containing supplements should only be taken after lab tests show an iron deficiency. This is important because iron-overload is twice as common as iron deficiency. Importantly, iron supplements should be taken separately from Bone Support because iron interferes with the absorption of other nutrients.
11. I noticed in the Supplement Facts panel the word “chelate” after each mineral. What does chelate mean?
In general, our bodies absorb vitamins without much difficulty, but minerals are not absorbed so well. Chelation is a process that combines a mineral with an amino acid to enhance the absorption of the mineral by fooling the body into thinking it is absorbing the amino acid attached to the mineral. The mineral is pulled into the body along with the amino acid, ensuring its absorption. The extra expense related to this additional process to attach the amino acid to the mineral is well worth it.
12. My regular multi-vitamin contains some herbal ingredients. Why doesn’t VitaMedica’s Bone Support include these?
Because herbal supplements should be taken separately and used for condition-specific purposes only. In most cases, the practice of combining herbals with a multi-vitamin & mineral formulation supports a marketing position rather than providing a health benefit because the dosing is usually very low. Varro Tyler, a leading herb expert, recommends that herbs be used only for specific conditions and for a limited duration. Examples would include dong quai to relieve menopausal symptoms or St. John’s Wort to quell mild depression.
13. I normally take a multi along with a calcium, vitamin E, and vitamin C supplement. Do I need to continue taking these supplements while taking Bone Support?
Not necessarily. However, VitaMedica offers an Energy Support formula for use in conjunction with Bone Support. The two products comprise VitaMedica’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Program. One of the benefits of using both formulations is that they provide all the key vitamins and minerals necessary to obtain optimal health and wellness. For this reason, it allows many patients to simplify their nutritional supplement regimen by eliminating many of the additional supplements they have been taking. The only exception is women who have been instructed by their doctor to take additional calcium to prevent the progression of osteoporosis.
14. I noticed that the tablets are white. What is the reason for this and is the white color a dye?
To protect the Bone Support tablets from damage, they are coated with the mineral zinc which is a natural colorant. The supplement does not contain any artificial dyes or colorants.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]
Bone Support Supplement Reviews
- Promote a Youthful Complexion, Shiny Hair & Strong Nails†$60.00
- Promotes Naturally Healthy Skin & a Clear Complexion†$28.00
- Supports Bone Strength & Density†$24.00
- Our Most Comprehensive Recovery Kit$114.00
- Our Popular Essential Nutrients Together With Arnica$78.00
- Essential Nutrients for Healing & Immune Health†$64.00
- Restore Healthy-Looking Skin with Arnica and Vitamin K$22.00
- Restore Bruised Skin After Facial Procedures$38.00
- Promotes a Healthy, Balanced Gut Microbiome†$43.00
- Natural Product Combo After Fillers & Injections$33.00