Made in the USA
From the highest quality ingredients sourced globally.
Bromelain with Quercetin is ideal following non-surgical procedures (laser skin & fractional resurfacing, Ulthera, CoolSculpting) and after cosmetic filler injections (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse).
Our convenient five-day blister pack, twice daily dosing and small vegan capsules make VitaMedica’s Bromelain Blister Pack the perfect choice for busy, active lifestyles.
- Bromelain, an enzyme extracted from the stem of the pineapple, has been used by Europeans for many years to inhibit inflammatory factors. Quercetin is a bioflavonoid that has excellent antioxidant activity.
- Bromelain is recommended by plastic surgeons, cosmetic dermatologists and aesthetic skin care professionals to address swelling and inflammation after facial procedures.
- All-natural supplement is formulated with the synergistic combination of bromelain plus quercetin – two botanicals that exhibit excellent properties for balancing the natural inflammatory response. †
- Formulation delivers 2,400 Gel Dissolving Units (GDUs) per day, one of the highest of any professional brand. “2,400 GDU” refers to the standardization of enzymatic potency and reflects the quality of the raw material used in the product.
The ABCs of Recovery Support include Arnica Montana, Bromelain, Clinical Support and SurgiLax. To learn more about these nutraceuticals, visit the Restore + Recover products section.
Nutrition & Ingredients
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silicon dioxide.
How to Use
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules, two times a day on an empty stomach. Begin taking BROMELAIN WITH QUERCERTIN three days prior to anticipated physical stress and continue for seven days. Store in a cool, dry place.
WARNINGS: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product. BROMELAIN WITH QUERCETIN should not be used in individuals with a history of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or taking blood thinners like Coumadin® (warfarin). Those who are allergic to pineapple should avoid bromelain. Individuals with other allergies may experience an allergic reaction to bromelain.
Not manufactured with wheat, milk, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Bromelain with Quercetin?
Bromelain with Quercetin is a simple, yet effective nutritional supplement that helps alleviate inflammation and swelling whether from injury, overuse, or surgery. Many patients who have taken Bromelain with Quercetin for surgery have continued using the product because it provides effective relief from rheumatoid arthritis.
2. What makes VitaMedica’s Bromelain with Quercetin product unique?
Bromelain with Quercetin contains a targeted number of ingredients, formulated at a dosing level that provides effective relief from inflammation and swelling. Supplements containing bromelain are relatively easy to find; but, these products are typically sold in combination with other enzymes (e.g., papain, amylase) and are not as effective in relieving inflammation. Most enzyme formulations also do not contain quercetin which works in concert with bromelain to increase the efficacy of both. Of the bromelain-only formulations available, many do not provide a sufficient quantity of milk clotting units to be effective as an anti-inflammatory.
3. What is the importance of bromelain and how does it work?
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme (capable of digesting protein) that is extracted from the pineapple stem. Bromelain’s most common application is in the treatment of inflammation and soft tissue injury. Bromelain inhibits hormone-like compounds called prostaglandins that cause inflammation and promotes the formation of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Bromelain is also helpful in breaking up hematomas, or a collection of blood that can sometimes occur from soft tissue injury.
4. Who should use Bromelain with Quercetin?
Bromelain with Quercetin contains specific nutrients that are useful for control of inflammation and reduction of swelling. The supplement is indicated for the inflammation, swelling, and pain that often accompany a surgical procedure, injury, trauma or athletic event and chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis. Bromelain has also been shown to be useful for other conditions that involve inflammation including acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and osteoarthritis.
5. Who should not use Bromelain with Quercetin?
Enzyme supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program, particularly diabetics and pregnant or lactating women. Bromelain with Quercetin is contraindicated in patients with a history of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) and those taking blood thinners.
6. VitaMedica’s bromelain supplement also contains quercetin. What is quercetin?
Quercetin (que-er-ce-tin) is a type of flavonoid (plant pigments that give plants & fruits their color) that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The combination of quercetin and bromelain is used to effectively manage the body’s natural inflammatory response.
7. Bromelain’s strength is measured in milk clotting units or gelatin dissolving units. What do these terms mean?
Unlike vitamins and minerals, which are measured in a variety of ways including milligrams (mg), micrograms (mcg), and International Units (IU), bromelain is measured either by milk clotting units (MCUs) or gelatin dissolving units (GDUs). Since bromelain is an enzyme, MCUs and GDUs are used to measure its strength in terms of how quickly it can break down a protein. MCUs and GDUs are used somewhat interchangeably: 1 GDU equals 1.5 MCU. To be effective, at least 2,000 MCUs must be consumed in divided amounts over the course of the day.
8. When do I start taking and do I stop taking Bromelain with Quercetin?
Bromelain with Quercetin should be taken 72 hours or 3 days prior to surgery and should be continued for 7 days following surgery (10 days total). Following unplanned trauma or injury, Bromelain with Quercetin should be started as quickly as possible and continued for 10 days.
9. Why does Bromelain with Quercetin need to be taken on an empty stomach?
To ensure that the bromelain works on the site of injury and not in aiding digestion, it is best to not take the supplement on a full stomach. Taking the supplement on an empty stomach can also help prevent any gas or digestive upset that may occur as a result of bromelain’s enzymatic action in breaking down food.
10. What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery?
Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can help cover any gaps to ensure optimal nutrition, and obtain targeted nutrients that promote a smooth recovery. Arnica Montana 30X sublingual tablets and Arnica + K Cream help resolve bruising naturally. SurgiLax combines cascara sagrada and a propriety blend of 10 herbs to alleviate post-surgical constipation and support gastrointestinal health immediately following surgery. With 8 billion CFUs of beneficial bacteria per enteric-coated vegetarian capsule, Probiotic-8 is an ideal solution to maintain a healthy microbiome and counteract the negative side effects of antibiotics including diarrhea, and yeast infection in women.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]
Bromelain with Quercetin Blister Pack Reviews
- Promote a Youthful Complexion, Shiny Hair & Strong Nails†$60.00
- 750 mg Omega-3 Formulation$38.00
- Helps Cover the Phytonutrient Gap$26.00
- Balance the Natural Inflammatory Response After Fillers & Injections†$22.50
- Natural Product Combo After Fillers & Injections$33.00
- Promotes a Healthy, Balanced Gut Microbiome†$43.00
- Restore Bruised Skin After Fillers & Injections$33.00
- Cleansing Herbs to Support a Healthy Weight†$28.00
- Single-Serve Packets in Dutch Chocolate or French Vanilla$3.50