Bromelain with Quercetin is ideal following surgical and non-surgical procedures and for sprains and strains from overuse or sports injury.†
- Bromelain, an enzyme extracted from the stem of the pineapple, has been used by Europeans for many years to inhibit inflammatory factors. Quercetin is a bioflavonoid that has excellent antioxidant activity.
- Bromelain is recommended by plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons and dermatologic surgeons for their patients following surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- All-natural supplement is formulated with the synergistic combination of bromelain plus quercetin – two botanicals that exhibit excellent properties for maintaining healthy tissue and joint health during times of physical stress.†
- Bromelain may significantly modulate inflammatory reactions in the joints. Research has demonstrated that bromelain supplements are at least as effective as other approaches in supporting joint comfort, function and health and are well-tolerated.
- Quercetin is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent with antiviral properties. Quercetin naturally supports healthy respiratory function.†
- When taken between meals, bromelain may help to support joint comfort and may help to relieve temporary soreness that is associated with muscle overuse.†
- Formulation delivers 3,600 Gel Dissolving Units (GDUs) per day, one of the highest of any professional brand. “3,600 GDU” refers to the standardization of enzymatic potency and reflects the quality of the raw material used in the product.
The ABCs of Recovery Support include Arnica Montana, Bromelain, Clinical Support and SurgiLax. To learn more about these nutraceuticals, visit the Surgery + Recovery section.
Nutrition & Ingredients
How to Use
Directions: Take two capsules, three times a day on an empty stomach. Begin taking Bromelain with Quercetin three days prior to anticipated physical stress and continue for seven days.
WARNINGS: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breastfeeding, seek the advice of your physician before using this product. BROMELAIN WITH QUERCETIN should not be used in individuals with a history of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) or taking blood thinners. Those who are allergic to pineapple should avoid bromelain. Individuals with other allergies may experience an allergic reaction to bromelain.
Not manufactured with wheat, milk, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Bromelain with Quercetin?
Bromelain with Quercetin is formulated with nutrients that support the healthy inflammatory response.†
2. What are the indications for Bromelain with Quercetin?
The supplement can be beneficial after a surgical or non-surgical procedure; following injury, trauma or an athletic event; and to help manage chronic conditions that have an inflammatory component such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, bursitis, tendonitis and acne.† The supplement is intended for adults 18 years and older.
3. What are the contraindications for Bromelain with Quercetin?
Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program, particularly diabetics and pregnant or lactating women. Bromelain with Quercetin is contraindicated in patients with a history of abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) and those taking blood thinners like Coumadin. In patients with latex allergies or allergic reactions to bee stings, olive tree pollen, pineapple (or other fruits), an allergic reaction is possible, and the supplement is contraindicated. Please refer to the product packaging for more information on Warnings.
4. Does Bromelain with Quercetin contain any of the 9 listed allergens?
No. The 9 allergens include milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soybeans and sesame. While Bromelain with Quercetin (Bottle or Blister Pack) does not contain any of these ingredients, the product is produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens
5. Is Bromelain with Quercetin gluten-free?
Yes. Bromelain with Quercetin (Bottle or Blister Pack) is not formulated with any gluten-containing ingredients; however, the product is manufactured in a facility that processes gluten-containing ingredients.
6. Is Bromelain with Quercetin a vegan product?
Yes. The ingredients and the capsule are derived from plant-based sources.
7. What makes VitaMedica’s Bromelain with Quercetin product unique?
Bromelain with Quercetin is a synergistic formula that combines the botanicals bromelain with quercetin to support healthy tissue during times of physical stress, promoting freedom of movement. † Supplements containing bromelain are relatively easy to find. However, these products are typically sold in combination with other enzymes (e.g., papain, amylase) and are formulated to aid digestion. Most enzyme formulations do not contain quercetin which works in concert with bromelain to increase the efficacy of both. Of the bromelain-only formulations available, many do not provide sufficient levels of Gel Dissolving Units (GDUs) to support the health inflammatory response.
8. What is the importance of bromelain and how does it work?
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme (breaks down proteins) that is extracted from the pineapple stem. Bromelain inhibits certain pro-inflammatory, hormone-like compounds called prostaglandins while promoting the development of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins. Bromelain is helpful in resolving hematomas (a collection of blood that can sometimes occur from soft tissue injury) and potentiates the efficacy of antibiotics.†
9. Bromelain’s strength is measured in Gel Dissolving Units. What are Gel Dissolving Units?
Many vitamins and minerals are measured either by weight (micrograms, milligrams, grams) or by potency (International Units, Retinol Units). As an enzyme, bromelain is measured by GDUs or Gel Dissolving Units. GDUs are used to measure how quickly the enzyme bromelain can breakdown a protein. Studies indicate that to be effective as an anti-inflammatory aid, at least 2,400 GDUs of bromelain should be consumed daily, preferably in divided doses.
10. Can I obtain the same anti-inflammatory benefits of bromelain by eating pineapple or drinking pineapple juice?
It is unlikely. Bromelain is concentrated in the stem of the pineapple plant and this part of the fruit is discarded before eating. Also, you would need to consume a large amount of the fruit or juice (and the associated high sugar content and calories) to obtain an appreciable amount of bromelain. A supplement standardized to 2,400 GDUs/gram offers a more concentrated source of this natural anti-inflammatory enzyme.
11. VitaMedica’s bromelain supplement also contains quercetin. What is quercetin?
Quercetin is a type of flavonoid (plant pigments that give fruits, vegetables and plants their color) with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.†
12. What is the difference between Bromelain Blister Pack vs. Bromelain Bottle?
Both the Blister Pack and the Bottle contain the same Bromelain with Quercetin formulation (2,400 GDU/gram) however, the indication, dosing and duration of use differs. The Blister Pack contains a 5-day supply (20 capsules) and is intended for milder cases of swelling & inflammation such as sprains and strains from overuse or sports injury and following filler injections (e.g., Radiesse®, Restylane®, Juvederm®). The Bottle contains a 10-day supply (60 capsules) and is intended for moderate swelling & inflammation that often accompanies surgical procedures such as an eye lift, face lift or rhinoplasty, body contouring and tummy tuck.
13. When do I start taking Bromelain with Quercetin?
Bromelain with Quercetin Bottle should be started 72 hours or 3 days prior to surgery and should be continued for 7 days following surgery (10 days total). Following unplanned trauma or injury, Bromelain with Quercetin Blister Pack should be started as quickly as possible and continued for 5 days.
14. What is the dosing of Bromelain with Quercetin?
For Bromelain Bottle, the dosing is two capsules, three times a day (morning, afternoon, evening) between meals. For the Bromelain Blister Pack, the dosing is two capsules, two times a day (morning, evening) between meals.
15. Why does Bromelain with Quercetin need to be taken between meals?
To improve product efficacy. To promote it’s anti-inflammatory and anti-edema properties (as opposed to digestive aid), it is best to take a bromelain supplement between meals or on an empty stomach.
16. What is the shelf-life of Bromelain with Quercetin?
The shelf-life of Bromelain with Quercetin (Bottle or Blister Pack) is two years from the manufactured date (MFD MM/YY). Each package provides information on the lot number and shelf-life dating.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]
Bromelain with Quercetin Bottle Reviews
- Promotes Naturally Healthy Skin & a Clear Complexion†$28.00
- To Promote a Clear Complexion & Support Supple Skin†$48.00
- Promote a Youthful Complexion, Shiny Hair & Strong Nails†$60.00
- Look & Feel Your Best at Every Age$46.00
- Supports Digestive & Immune System†$40.00
- 750 mg Omega-3 Formulation$38.00
- Helps Cover Nutritional Gaps in Your Diet$26.00
- Mixer Bottle With Wire Whisk$6.95
- Our Most Comprehensive Recovery Kit$114.00
- #1 Recommended Recovery Kit by Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons†$98.00