Out of stock
VitaMedica’s Clear Skin Formula and Probiotic-8 nutraceuticals have been recommended for 25 years by medical skin care professionals for their patients with mild to moderate non-cystic acne, aged 12 years or older.
New! Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO combines both nutraceuticals into convenient daily packets, making it easy to stick with a supplement routine. Perfect for active, busy lifestyles.
Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is formulated with vitamins, minerals, botanicals plus probiotics to address skin health internally and promote a clear complexion.†
Non-cystic acne medications can have potent activity but may have significant side-effects. Go au natural by enhancing the body’s natural systems for repairing, cleansing, and normal healing.†
- A combination of vitamin A plus Betatene®, a natural mixed carotenoid blend. Vitamin A support healthy skin by reducing sebum production and the buildup of keratinocytes in the follicle.†
- The trace mineral zinc supports skin health and is involved in the proper metabolism of testosterone, the principal androgen involved in acne.†
- Chromium improves glucose tolerance and may blunt the effects of a high glycemic index diet. Normal shedding of skin cells is inhibited with a diet high in simple carbohydrates.†
- Eight beneficial probiotic species plus prebiotic FOS to help balance the beneficial microbes in the gut and on the skin. †
- Bromelain, an enzyme extracted from pineapple and selenium, a trace mineral, both have anti-inflammatory properties.†
- Burdock, Oregon Grape, dandelion and yellow dock contain herbal compounds known for their skin and blood cleansing properties, detoxify the skin.†
- Three easy-to-swallow, odorless capsules taken daily to obtain skin health benefits.
Taking Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is a great first step in dealing with problem skin.
Nutrition & Ingredients
How to Use
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take one packet daily with food. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
WARNINGS: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product.
CLEAR SKIN FORMULA PLUS PRO contains Vitamin A. If you are presently taking any vitamin A containing medications for the treatment of acne, please refrain from taking CLEAR SKIN FORMULA PLUS PRO until the end of the treatment cycle. Discontinue use if any reactions occur. This product is not intended for long-term use.
Not manufactured with wheat, milk, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
• The current standard of treatment for acne includes antibiotics, vitamin A derivatives and hormonal drugs; these drugs are useful in acne management but can induce a wide array of adverse effects. i
• The fat-soluble vitamin A and the water-soluble vitamin C are the predominant vitamins at work in the wound-healing process. ii
• A 2010 study found that in patients with mild to moderate facial acne, in 80% of those taking a zinc complex with antioxidant supplement had a significant reduction of acne. The treatment was efficacious and well tolerated. iii
• A 2018 review of 31 clinical studies found that zinc is a promising alternative to other acne treatments owing to its low cost, efficacy, lack of systemic side-effects and well-established safety profile. iv
• The inflammatory progression of acne produces free-radicals. It has been suggested that oxidative stress may be implicated in the origin of acne and that drugs with antioxidant effects (or antioxidant supplements) may be valuable adjuvants in acne treatment. v
• Zinc is a mineral that is essential for the proper development and functioning of human skin. Studies conducted in the 1970s showed that at high dosages, zinc was effective in the treatment in severe and inflammatory acne. vi
• Several studies have shown that low stomach acid is a common finding in patients who have acne. This suggests that the traditional use of bitter herbs, which act by stimulating digestive function, including acid secretion, may be useful and important for correcting acne vulgaris. Herbs with antimicrobial, inflammation- modulating, anticomedogenic, and, in certain cases, hormone-balancing actions are also useful for treating acne. vii
• A 1996 review of the literature found that bromelain is a useful therapeutic compound with anti-inflammatory action. viii
• The use of antibiotics for acne has been questioned owing to resistance concerns, especially since they are used for long periods at low doses. ix
• Certain P. acne strains were highly associated with acne, and other strains were enriched in healthy skin. x
i Leyden, JJ. Therapy for Acne Vulgaris. N Engl J Med. 1997 Apr 17;336(16):1156-62.
ii Arnold, M. and Barbaul, A. Nutrition and Wound Healing. Plas. Reconstr. Surg. 2006 June; 42S-58S.
iii Sardana K, Garg VK. An observational study of methionine‐bound zinc with antioxidants for mild to moderate acne vulgaris. Dermatol Ther. 2010 Jul-Aug;23(4):411-8.
iv Cervantes, J. The role of zinc in the treatment of acne: A review of the literature. Volume31, January/February 2018, pp. 1-17.
v Bowe WP. Diet and Acne. JAAD. July 2010. Volume 63, Issue 1, Pages 124–141.
vi Bowe WP. Diet and Acne. JAAD. July 2010. Volume 63, Issue 1, Pages 124–141.
vii Yarnell, E, Abascal K. Herbal Medicine for Acne Vulgaris. Alternative and Complementary Therapies. Vol. 12, No. 6.
viii Reference: Kelly, S. Gregory. Bromelain – A Literature Review and Discussion of its Therapeutic Applications. Alt Med Review. 1: 4, 243-257, 1996.
ix Williams HC, Dellavalle RP, Garner S. Acne vulgaris. Lancet. 2012 Jan 28;379(9813):361-72.
x Fitz-Gibbon S. Propionibacterium acnes strain populations in the human skin microbiome associated with acne. J Invest Dermatol. 2013 Sep;133(9):2152-60.
1. Who should use Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO?
Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is indicated for individuals 12 years and older with mild to moderate acne and imbalanced skin. It includes Clear Skin Formula and our Probiotic-8 (a synbiotic formulated with a prebiotic and probiotics).
2. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is formulated with probiotics. How do probiotics benefit skin health?
Chronic inflammation, stress, changes in the skin’s pH levels, and your diet, among other factors, can create an imbalance in microbes. Emerging studies on the gut-brain-skin axis suggests a mechanism that links gastrointestinal health, influenced by interactions with oral probiotics, to the health and well-being of the skin. Oral probiotics show encouraging results in rebalancing the skin microbiome to help improve various dermatologic conditions, most notably acne and atopic dermatitis (AD). Adding probiotics to a skin supplement regimen provides an additional layer of support in helping to modify several factors in the pathophysiology of acne development, and can potentially improve compliance as well
3. What is the skin microbiome and how does it impact skin issues like acne?
The skin microbiome is increasingly thought to be the key to enhancing skin appearance – addressing the causes of skin conditions rather than just the symptoms. The idea of the skin as a living ecosystem is becoming mainstream, and this supports broader trends for more natural, holistic, and health-oriented beauty.
4. What supplements comprise the Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO packets?
Each Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO packet includes two capsules of VitaMedica’s Clear Skin Formula, and one capsule of VitaMedica’s Daily Balance Probiotic-8.
6. What are the benefits of using Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO?
Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is formulated with vitamins, minerals, botanicals, and probiotics that work together to promote skin health, balance the skin microbiome, strengthen the natural skin barrier, reduce sebum production, enhance inflammatory control, and help cleanse the skin of toxins.
7. What makes VitaMedica’s Clear Skin Formula product unique?
Clear Skin Formula is designed to address each factor contributing to the formation of acne. Although an inflammatory skin condition such as acne can strike at any age, its onset is most often related to a change in hormones, which explains why certain populations including teens and pregnant women are particularly prone to acne breakouts. Excess androgen production can cause the sebaceous glands to excrete more sebum, which in turn clogs the follicle and allows a bacterium called P. acnes to overpopulate. The result is inflammation and acne blemishes in the form of whiteheads or blackheads, depending on whether the pore is closed or open.
Clear Skin Formula contains zinc to help regulate testosterone – the primary hormone involved in sebum production. Vitamin A (carotenoid and palmitate form) promotes normal epithelization of the skin cells and reduces sebum production. MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) acts as a natural anti-microbial. Selenium and bromelain are included naturally reduce the inflammation. Finally, Clear Skin Formula includes several herbs which help to detoxify and cleanse the blood and skin.
8. How do prescription and over the counter (OTC) medications for acne differ from nutritional supplements?
Prescription and OTC acne medications can have powerful activity – with significant side effects. Natural medicines tend to be milder, safer, and far less likely to cause negative reactions. Many topical treatments for the care of acne and inflammatory disorders of the skin have been shown to be effective, and yet are limited by only targeting the outermost layers of the skin. The skin is incredibly good at preventing potential pathogens from entering the body, which also means it is extremely difficult for the active ingredients in topical products to penetrate the deeper layers of the dermis. Therefore, it makes sense to use a bi-directional approach that addresses both the external and internal causes behind the formation of acne blemishes by coupling high-quality topicals with a wholesome diet and supplements.
9. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO contains vitamins A, C, and E. How do these vitamins benefit skin health?
Vitamin A supports healthy skin by reducing sebum production and the buildup of keratinocytes in the follicle. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO contains an ideal combination of vitamin A palmitate plus Betatene®, a natural mixed carotenoid blend. Vitamin C is essential for the development of collagen, a protein that provides structural support to the skin. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that prevents the oxidation of fats in the body including sebum.
10. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is formulated with bromelain. How does bromelain benefit skin health?
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme (digests protein) that is extracted from the stem of the pineapple. When taken in a therapeutic dose, bromelain is helpful in reducing inflammation which often accompanies an acne flare-up.
11. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is formulated with MSM. How does MSM benefit skin health?
MSM or methylsulfonylmethane is a natural form of organic sulfur that is necessary for collagen synthesis. MSM is critical in building the sulfur amino acids methionine and cysteine. MSM is also a natural antiseptic that works as an antimicrobial. MSM enhances tissue pliability and encourages the repair of damaged skin. By keeping skin cells soft, MSM allows skin to detoxify. The combination of MSM and vitamin C works faster to heal wounds.
12. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO is formulated with a number of herbs. How do these herbs benefit skin health?
The skin has several functions including temperature regulation, protection of the underlying tissues, fat storage, and immunity. Less well known is skin’s major role in eliminating toxins, so much so that it is often referred to as the “third kidney”. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO includes burdock, dandelion, yellow dock, and Oregon grape – herbs that deliver powerful skin and blood cleansing properties – to help purge impurities that contribute to acne.
13. Who should not use Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO?
Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO contains vitamin A (palmitate). If you are presently taking Accutane® (isotretinoin) for the treatment of acne, refrain from taking Clear Skin Formula PLUS PRO until 6 months after the end of the treatment cycle. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]