Select Subscribe & Save to save 25% today!
VitaMedica’s Clear Skin Formula has been recommended for 20 years by medical skin care professionals for their patients with mild to moderate non-cystic acne, aged 12 years or older.
Our Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with vitamins, minerals, botanicals, hyaluronic acid, and probiotics to address skin health internally and promote a clear, supple complexion.†
Non-cystic acne medications can have potent activity but may have significant side-effects. Go au natural by enhancing the body’s natural systems for repairing, cleansing, and normal healing.†
- Nutrients like vitamin A, zinc, and vitamin E are significantly lower in the people with acne.
- A combination of vitamin A plus Betatene®, a natural mixed carotenoid blend, reduces sebum production, stimulates skin cell growth to support healing, helps smooth and even skin tone, and has a normalizing effect on skin.†
- Zinc, a trace mineral essential for protein synthesis and collagen formation, supports wound healing, immune system activity, inflammatory control and tissue regeneration. Evidence suggests zinc has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects and that it may decrease sebum production. Zinc is also involved in the proper metabolism of testosterone, the principal androgen involved in acne.†
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant and essential component for the development of collagen, the main protein that provides structural support to the skin.†
- The oxidation of sebum, damaged by bacterial growth, may be responsible for the inflammatory aspects of acne. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that prevents the oxidation of fats in the body, including sebum.†
- Chromium, another trace mineral, promotes a healthy glucose response, healthy sugar metabolism, addresses hormonal imbalance and compromised nutrient utilization. Helps to counter the acne-inducing effects of a high-glycemic diet including abnormal skin cell shedding.†
- Bromelain, an enzyme extracted from pineapple, and the trace mineral selenium bring anti-inflammatory activity that helps soothe irritated skin.†
- Burdock, Oregon Grape, dandelion, and yellow dock contain herbal compounds known for their skin and blood cleansing properties to help remove toxins from the skin.†
- Hyaluronic acid is a component of the extracellular matrix and a natural humectant that maintains the water balance in the skin, lending support to collagen and elastin. It helps inhibit wrinkles and roughness, increase skin elasticity, hydration and moisture without promoting oiliness.†
- Broad-spectrum probiotic formula favorably alters intestinal balance to promote skin health, healthy digestion & regularity, and immune system function.†
- A healthy skin microbiome supports the skin’s barrier function. Probiotics repopulate the gut with microorganisms that tame inflammation and positively influence the skin microbiome by promoting bacterial balance, improving GI function, removing gut toxins, and quelling inflammation.
- Featuring 8 different species of beneficial flora including strains of Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and Streptococcus.
- FOS prebiotic fiber nourishes beneficial bacteria and provides optimal synbiotic support.†
- Delivers acid-resistant microflora directly to the intestine, bypassing the harsh acidic conditions of the stomach.
- Cellulose capsules ideal for vegans and vegetarians.
- Does not require refrigeration.
Taking Clear Skin + Probiotics Bundle is a great first step in dealing with problem skin. To learn more about the dietary and lifestyle steps you can take to get naturally, healthy-looking skin, check out our Acne Vitamins page
Nutrition & Ingredients
Betatene® is a registered trademark of COGNIS IP MANAGEMENT GMBH.
How to Use
Clear Skin Formula PLUS
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take one packet daily with food. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
Daily Balance Probiotic-8
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules daily between meals or on an empty stomach. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
WARNINGS: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product.
CLEAR SKIN FORMULA PLUS contains Vitamin A. If you are presently taking any vitamin A containing medications for the treatment of acne, please refrain from taking CLEAR SKIN FORMULA PLUS until the end of the treatment cycle.
Not manufactured with wheat, milk, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle?
Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with nutrients that promote skin health, reduce sebum production, enhance inflammatory control, and have antiseptic properties, hyaluronic acid for hydration, and a range of antioxidants for protection from free-radical damage, plus probiotics that replenish the microbiome and maintain microbial balance in the skin.
2. What makes VitaMedica’s Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle product unique?
Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is designed to address each factor contributing to the formation of acne. Although an inflammatory skin condition such as acne can strike at any age, its onset is most often related to a change in hormones and bacterial imbalance in the microbiome, which explains why certain populations including teens and pregnant women are particularly prone to acne breakouts. Excess androgen production can cause the sebaceous glands to excrete more sebum, which in turn clogs the follicle and allows a bacterium called P. acnes to overpopulate. The result is inflammation and acne blemishes in the form of whiteheads or blackheads, depending on whether the pore is closed or open. Dry, dehydrated skin only exacerbates the problem plus contributing to fine lines & wrinkles.
Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle contains zinc to help regulate testosterone – the primary hormone involved in sebum production. Vitamin A (carotenoid and palmitate form) promotes normal epithelization of the skin cells and reduces sebum production. MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) acts as a natural anti-microbial. Selenium and bromelain are included naturally reduce the inflammation. Healing herbs help to detoxify and cleanse the blood and skin. Hyaluronic acid is a natural humectant that brings water balance to the skin without contributing to oiliness. Finally, an ideal blend of probiotics plus prebiotic FOS replenishes the microbiome with health-promoting microorganisms, bringing microbial balance to the skin via the gut-brain-skin axis.
3. Who should use Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle?
Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is indicated for patients with combination mild to moderate acne and dry skin. The product is suitable for patients 12 years or older. This nutraceutical is ideal for individuals who do not eat a well-balanced diet on a consistent basis, and who are looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles resulting from dry, aging skin.
4. Who should not use Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle?
Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program, particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. Clear Skin Formula PLUS contains vitamin A. If you are presently taking a vitamin A containing medication for the treatment of acne, refrain from taking Clear Skin Formula PLUS until 6 months after the end of the treatment cycle. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
5. How do prescription and over the counter (OTC) medications for acne differ from nutritional supplements?
Prescription and OTC acne medications can have powerful activity – with significant side effects. Natural medicines tend to be milder, safer, and far less likely to cause negative reactions. Many topical treatments for the care of acne and inflammatory disorders of the skin have been shown to be effective, and yet are limited by only targeting the outermost layers of the skin. The skin is incredibly good at preventing potential pathogens from entering the body, which also means it is extremely difficult for the active ingredients in topical products to penetrate the deeper layers of the dermis. Therefore, it makes sense to use a bi-directional approach that addresses both the external and internal causes behind the formation of acne blemishes by coupling high-quality topicals with a wholesome diet and supplements.
6. Can diet affect acne and other skin problems?
Yes. Although hotly debated within the medical community in the past, a growing consensus based on increasing research-based evidence agrees that in addition to genetics, hormones, exercise, and stress, diet (and the quality of gut bacteria it provides) can be a major factor in many skin conditions including acne. The skin is often referred to as the third kidney for its role in removing toxins from the body, and studies have shown that some patients with acne have intestinal toxemia (toxins build up in the intestine due to poor nutrition) that may be contributing to their condition. Other studies have found that patients with psoriasis and eczema improved their condition with alpha-linolenic (Omega-3) essential fatty acid supplementation. It simply makes sense that the quality of nutrients consumed will affect the quality of an individual’s skin.
7. What supplements comprise the Clear Skin Formula PLUS packets?
Each Clear Skin Formula PLUS packet includes two capsules of VitaMedica’s Clear Skin Formula and one softgel capsule of hyaluronic acid.
8. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with vitamin A. Why is vitamin A important for acne?
Vitamin A plays a role in skin health because it is needed for the maintenance and repair of epithelial tissue, which forms the skin and mucous membranes. Vitamin A stimulates the growth of the base layer of the skin cells. It also helps cells to differentiate normally and gives them their structural integrity. Vitamin A plays such an important role in dermal health that many topical acne medications are derivatives of this vitamin.
9. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with vitamin A from palmitate and a carotenoid source (Betatene®). Why are both forms provided?
Both forms are provided to ensure safety and efficacy. As a fat-soluble nutrient, vitamin A is stored in the liver and fatty tissue of the body. This creates a concern if too much of this vitamin is taken over time (e.g. upwards of 10,000 IUs of palmitate daily for over 3 months). Clear Skin Formula PLUS is formulated with a modest dose of vitamin A (12,500 IUs total), provided in both the palmitate (7,500 IUs) and carotenoid (5,000 IUs) form. While palmitate is directly utilized as vitamin A, carotenoids must convert into vitamin A to be used by the body. The conversion process for the few carotenoids that have pro-vitamin A activity is not very efficient. For example, six to twelve times more beta-carotene is required to convert into one retinol unit of vitamin A activity. That is why toxicity is not an issue with a carotenoid source. By providing both preformed vitamin A (palmitate) and a natural, mixed blend of carotenoids (Betatene®), Clear Skin Formula delivers an efficacious, yet safe dose of vitamin A to support healthy skin function.
10. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with zinc. Why is zinc important for acne?
Zinc is a trace mineral that is essential for protein synthesis and collagen formation. Zinc is involved in the proper metabolism of testosterone, the principal hormone involved in the genesis of acne through its role in sebum production. The mineral is also involved in vitamin A function, wound healing, immune system activity, inflammatory control, and tissue regeneration.
11. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with selenium. Why is selenium important for acne?
Selenium is an antioxidant that works to protect other antioxidants such as vitamin E and is important in keeping tissues elastic. Research has also shown that a deficiency in selenium may play a role in inflammatory conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Selenium functions in glutathione peroxidase, an enzyme which is very important in preventing the inflammation of acne.
12. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with chromium. Why is chromium important for acne?
Chromium is a trace mineral that works with insulin in the metabolism of sugar and is needed for energy. Chromium also improves glucose tolerance and enhances insulin sensitivity. This is important for some acne patients who do not metabolize sugar properly.
13. I noticed in the Supplement Facts panel the word ͞chelate͟ after each mineral. What does chelate mean?
In general, our bodies absorb vitamins without much difficulty, but minerals are not absorbed as well. Chelation is a process that combines a mineral with an amino acid. This process of chelation enhances the absorption of minerals by ͞fooling͟ the body into thinking it is absorbing the amino acid attached to the mineral. The mineral is pulled into the body along with the amino acid, ensuring its absorption. Chelated minerals are more expensive because of the extra step required to attach the amino acid to the mineral. However, this expense is worth it due to the improved absorption.
14. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with bromelain. Why is bromelain important for acne?
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme (digests protein) that is extracted from the stem of the pineapple. When taken in a therapeutic dose, bromelain is helpful in reducing inflammation which often accompanies an acne flare-up.
15. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with MSM. Why is MSM important for acne?
MSM or methylsulfonylmethane is a natural form of organic sulfur that is necessary for collagen synthesis and is critical in building the sulfur amino acids methionine and cysteine. MSM is a natural antiseptic that works as an antimicrobial. MSM enhances tissue pliability and encourages the repair of damaged skin. By keeping skin cells soft, MSM allows the skin to detoxify. The combination of MSM and vitamin C works faster to heal wounds.
16. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with several herbs. Why are these herbs included and what is their importance for acne?
The skin has several functions including temperature regulation, protection of the underlying tissues, fat storage, and immunity. Along with the kidneys, the skin also plays a role in eliminating toxins from the body. In fact, the skin is often referred to as the “third kidney”. The elimination of toxins through the skin can promote the development of acne. Herbs like burdock, dandelion, yellow dock, and Oregon grape, are included in Healthy Skin Formula for their potent cleansing properties of the skin and blood.
17. Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is formulated with hyaluronic acid (HA). What role does HA play in dermal health?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) provides hydration and structural integrity to the dermis. As a humectant, the nature of HA’s molecular structure makes it ideal for attracting and holding water. Nearly 50% of the body’s HA is found in the dermis, in the spaces between cells (extracellular matrix). HA, along with dermatan sulfate, serves to maintain the water balance in the dermis and adds support for other dermal elements like collagen and elastin.
18. If a person has both acne and mature skin, should they take both Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle and Anti-Aging Formula?
It is not recommended that patients take both supplements at the same time. The combination would duplicate a certain number of nutrients (vitamin A, zinc, chromium). To avoid duplication and ensure a safe level of vitamin A, Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle is indicated for patients looking to specifically address acne and dry skin, whereas the Anti-Aging Formula is indicated for general wellness and healthy hair, skin, and nails.
19. Will my skin get worse before it begins to get better and how long will it take before my skin starts to clear up?
Acne, like other conditions of the skin (e.g., psoriasis, eczema, rosacea) is a complicated health issue. What works well for one person may be only moderately effective for another. When starting Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle, it is not uncommon for some people to experience a period of adjustment. This means that it is possible to experience a “break-out” when starting the product. If skin continues to break-out after taking the supplement for several weeks, then the product should be discontinued. It takes a minimum of 30 days for skin cells to turnover. For this reason, it is recommended to take Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle for three to six months to see results.
20. Why is it important to take the Clear Skin Hydration + Probiotics Bundle with food?
It is better to take supplements with food because it helps with the absorption and assimilation of nutrients, especially the fat-soluble vitamins, and to minimize gastrointestinal upset.
21. What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support a clear-complexion?
Healthy-looking skin that is clear of acne reflects a health-promoting diet rich in fruits, vegetables, as well as high-quality protein and fat sources. VitaMedica’s nutraceuticals are designed to help cover any nutrient gaps that may remain, and target specific health objectives. Our Clear Skin Bundles provide nutrients to banish blemishes from the inside out and promote a clear complexion. Anti-Aging Formula, our most popular wellness product, includes our high-quality Multi-Vitamin & Mineral plus our Phyto-5 Phytonutrient Complex and organic flax seed oil in 30 convenient daily packs.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]
Clear Skin Vitamin Reviews
To Promote a Clear Complexion & Support Supple Skin†$48.00
For a Healthy Skin Microbiome & Clear Complexion.†$65.00
For a Supple, Clear Complexion & Healthy Microbiome.†$84.00
Our Most Comprehensive Recovery Bundle$149.00
Our Most Popular Recovery Bundle$114.00
Essential Nutrients for Healing & Immune Health†$64.00
The Perfect Pair to Promote Healing†$53.00
Restore Bruised Skin After Fillers, Surgery or Injury$51.00
Reduce Bruising, Swelling & Pain After Surgery or Injury*$18.00
Promotes a Healthy, Balanced Gut Microbiome†$40.00