Made in the USA
From the highest quality ingredients sourced globally.
VitaMedica’s Clinical Support Program is a two-part specialty multi-vitamin & mineral program which promotes healing, supports healthy immune system function, and helps reduce oxidative load.†
- Clinical Support Morning is formulated with the B-complex to support energy levels. Clinical Support Evening is formulated with minerals to support rest and relaxation.†
- The use of chronotherapy enhances absorption and assimilation of vitamin C and the B-complex.
- Vitamin A plus beta-carotene supports healthy cell growth and maintenance of epithelial tissue.†
- Vitamin C supports healthy tissue growth and collagen formation.†
- Zinc plays a key role in maintaining healthy immune function, protein synthesis, and collagen formation.†
- Selenium, bioflavonoids and other antioxidants deactivate unstable free-radicals.†
- Copper cross-links collagen and elastin, the two most abundant structural proteins in the body.
- The B-Complex helps to moderate the stress response function during periods of physical stress.†
- Chelation, a process that attaches an amino acid with a mineral, enhances mineral absorption.
- Riboflavin coated AM tablets and zinc coated PM tablets slide down easy and are odorless.
- Excludes vitamin E and other herbals.
The ABCs of Recovery Support include Arnica Montana, Bromelain, Clinical Support and SurgiLax. To learn more about these nutraceuticals, visit the Restore + Recover products section.
Nutrition & Ingredients
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, polyethylene glycol/ macrogol, maltodextrin, and polysorbate 80.
TRAACS® is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
How to Use
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take three tablets of Clinical Support Morning Formula with breakfast or lunch. Take three tablets of Clinical Support Evening Formula with dinner or before bedtime. Begin taking CLINICAL SUPPORT PROGRAM up to two weeks prior to anticipated physical stressors and for at least two weeks after, or for four weeks after unanticipated physical stress. Each individual is unique and nutritional requirements may vary.
WARNINGS: Do not take if safety seal on bottle is broken. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If you are diabetic, pregnant or breast-feeding, seek advice of your physician before using this product.
CLINICAL SUPPORT PROGRAM contains Vitamin A. If you are presently taking a vitamin A containing medication for the treatment of acne, please refrain from taking CLINICAL SUPPORT PROGRAM until the end of the treatment cycle. This product also contains niacin, which may cause temporary redness of the skin and flushing.
Not manufactured with wheat, milk, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP-certified facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
TRAACS® is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
1. What is the primary benefit of using Clinical Support Program?
Clinical Support Program contains key vitamins and minerals in appreciable amounts that play a well-documented role in the healing process. This two-part formula is very important for wound healing and for rebuilding the immune system, which prevents infection from occurring.
2. What makes VitaMedica’s Clinical Support Program product unique?
A combination of high-quality, targeted ingredients, at dosing levels that support healing. The targeted nutrients in Clinical Support Program were selected based on extensive use of the best evidence and research currently available in the nutritional science literature. Clinical Support Program is unique in that it provides nearly all the key nutrients that are beneficial for surgery in a single convenient kit. While many of these nutrients may be found in multiple supplement products, until now, no other nutraceutical has provided this unique combination, in a single formulation, to support healing after surgery. Critically, it excludes nutrients such as vitamin E which are found in a typical multivitamin supplement, and should not be taken during the perioperative period.
3. Why is Clinical Support Program provided in a two-part formula?
The body uses certain nutrients most effectively when they are replenished throughout the day. Unlike their fat-soluble counterparts, water-soluble nutrients such as vitamin C and the B-Complex can’t be stored in the body and any excess that is not needed at the time of ingestion is excreted through the urine. Taking these types of nutrients in divided doses is the only way to ensure a sufficient intake that will promote nutrient delivery and support activity levels. Clinical Support Program meets this need with its two-part Chronotherapy Delivery System (CDS) formula. For this reason, the Morning formulation contains the bulk of vitamins (especially the B-complex) to support daytime activity levels, while the Evening formulation contains the bulk of minerals to promote rest and relaxation.
4. Who should use Clinical Support Program?
Clinical Support Program provides nutrients to speed wound healing, support the immune system, and prevent infection. Thus, the product is particularly beneficial for patients who are recovering from surgery, injury, or trauma. The program is recommended if you’re having a more comprehensive surgical procedure or have impaired wound healing especially smokers, diabetics, or recent corticosteroid users.
5. Who should not use Clinical Support Program?
Nutritional supplements have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any nutritional supplement program, particularly diabetics and pregnant or lactating women. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
6. Is Clinical Support Program appropriate for an individual who has had gastric bypass surgery?
Yes, but the dosing may need to be lowered to allow for the proper absorption of nutrients and to prevent gastrointestinal upset. Following gastric bypass surgery, many patients have a difficult time obtaining a sufficient quantity of the micronutrients (vitamins & minerals) required for good health. At the same time, a dramatically reduced stomach size makes it difficult to take certain supplements, especially tablets. This becomes important should the gastric bypass patient elect to have surgery down the road (e.g., body contouring), as nutrient deficiencies delay the healing process. For this reason, Clinical Support Program is ideally suited for these patients. Even though Clinical Support Program is provided in tablet and capsule formulations, many gastric patients have been able to comfortably take the product system.
7. Why can’t I take my regular multi-vitamin & mineral supplement during the perioperative period?
Your regular multi-vitamin & mineral supplement has not been designed to support your body’s needs following surgery. First, a regular multi-vitamin & mineral is formulated with vitamin E. While this fat-soluble nutrient is an excellent antioxidant and confers several health benefits, it is not recommended during the perioperative period because it can promote bleeding. Second, a regular multi-vitamin & mineral will not have sufficient amounts of the micronutrients that help repair and build new tissue, eliminate the free-radicals that are generated by surgery and boost the immune system which is typically comprised following surgery.
8. Clinical Support Program is formulated with vitamin A. What role does vitamin A have in the healing process?
Vitamin A, or retinol, is a fat-soluble essential nutrient that must be obtained through diet or supplementation. Vitamin A is most well-known for its role in eye health, growth and development, reproduction, and immune system function, but is also vital for wound healing by helping to maintain and repair epithelial tissue. Vitamin A partially reverses immune system depression, which can help to reduce the chance of infection. The body can obtain vitamin A by converting carotenes into retinol. Carotenes are a group of fat-soluble compounds are responsible for giving many fruits and vegetables their color. Many carotenes can be converted into retinol including beta, alpha, and gamma-carotene. Compared to retinol, the carotenes have significant antioxidant protective benefits.
9. The amount of vitamin A in Clinical Support Program seems high. I’m concerned about taking too much of this vitamin. Is this level within a safe range?
Yes. Although the amount of vitamin A in Clinical Support Program is above the Daily Value of 5,000 IUs, the amount is very safe. Fat-soluble vitamins such as pure vitamin A (palmitate), vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K, are stored in the liver and fatty tissues of the body so toxicity can become a problem if an excessive amount is taken. In the case of vitamin A, toxicity may occur in adults when more than 10,000 IUs of palmitate is taken daily for several years. Vitamin A is available either in its pure form called palmitate or through carotenes with pro-vitamin A activity. This means that when needed, the body converts the carotene into vitamin A; when not needed, an excess is excreted through the urinary tract. This is an important distinction as toxicity issues are not associated with carotenoids.
10. Clinical Support Program is formulated with vitamin C. What role does vitamin C play in the healing process?
Clinical Support Program contains a much larger dose of vitamin C than the Daily Value of 60 mg and more than the 100 mg typically found in the average multi-vitamin & mineral supplement. Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is an important water-soluble nutrient that provides antioxidant protection. It also plays a primary role in the formation of collagen and is needed for tissue growth and repair. This nutrient promotes wound healing, protects against blood clotting and bruising, and enhances immunity.
11. Clinical Support Program is formulated with bioflavonoids. What are bioflavonoids and what role do they play in the healing process?
Bioflavonoids refer to a group of substances responsible for giving fruits and vegetables their color. These water-soluble nutrients include citrin, rutin, and hesperidin as well as other flavones and flavonols. Bioflavonoids have several properties including anti-inflammatory, anti-allergenic, antiviral and anticarcinogenic. Bioflavonoids also strengthen the walls of capillaries, thereby preventing bruising, and help build resistance to infection. In addition, bioflavonoids are potent antioxidants that enhance the absorption of vitamin C and prevent this nutrient from being oxidized.
12. Clinical Support Program is formulated with the B-complex of vitamins. What role does the B-complex play in the healing process?
The B-complex refers to the water-soluble family of B-vitamins including B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin, niacinamide), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B12 (cobalamin), folic acid, PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), biotin, choline, and inositol. The B-complex is so named because they are commonly found together in foods. Because the functions of the B-vitamins are so interrelated, it is best to take them as a complex and not as single supplements. As a group, the B-complex is important for circulatory, digestive, and nervous system function, energy and adrenal hormone production, and red blood cell formation. The B-complex, also known as the “anti-stress” vitamins, is indicated during periods of stress including after an operation or surgical procedure.
13. Clinical Support Program is formulated with zinc. What role does zinc play in the healing process?
Zinc is an antioxidant essential for protein synthesis and collagen formation. This mineral also helps to promote the healing of wounds and increases the absorption of vitamin A.
14. Clinical Support Program is formulated with copper. What role does copper play in the healing process?
Copper is a trace mineral that aids in the formation of bone, hemoglobin, and red blood cells. Copper works in balance with vitamin C and zinc to form elastin and is essential for the formation of collagen. Copper is necessary for the function of an enzyme which is required to cross-link collagen and elastin.
15. I noticed that the Morning formulation for Clinical Support Program is yellow and the Evening formulation is white. What is the reason for this and are these artificial colorants?
The Morning formulation is coated by the B-vitamin riboflavin, and the Evening formulation is coated with the mineral zinc. Both are natural colorants and do not contain any artificial dyes or colorants. The color-coding is helpful to distinguish between the day and night supplements.
16. When should I start taking Clinical Support Program? How long should I take Clinical Support Program?
Patients should begin taking Clinical Support Program 14 days prior to surgery and continue taking the product 14 days following surgery. If a surgery is scheduled in fewer than 14 days, Clinical Support Program can still be beneficial. However, it is optimal to start taking the product 2 weeks before surgery so that the fat-soluble nutrients like vitamin A can be stored in the body.
17. What other VitaMedica products may be beneficial to support healing and recovery?
Given that demands on the body are much higher during the healing process, it is important to eat healthy during this period of high metabolic activity. Augmenting the diet with supplements can help cover any gaps to ensure optimal nutrition, and obtain targeted nutrients that promote a smooth recovery. Arnica Montana 30X sublingual tablets and Arnica + K Cream help resolve bruising naturally. SurgiLax combines cascara sagrada and a propriety blend of 10 herbs to alleviate post-surgical constipation and support gastrointestinal health immediately following surgery. With 8 billion CFUs of beneficial bacteria per enteric-coated vegetarian capsule, Probiotic-8 is an ideal solution to maintain a healthy microbiome and counteract the negative side effects of antibiotics including diarrhea, and yeast infection in women.
Have additional questions?
Our US-based wellness advisors are here for you Monday–Friday, between 8 am and 5 pm PST.
Call 888.367.8605 or email [email protected]
VitaMedica Clinical Support Reviews
- Promote a Youthful Complexion, Shiny Hair & Strong Nails†$60.00
- To Promote a Clear Complexion & Support Supple Skin†$48.00
- Promotes Naturally Healthy Skin & a Clear Complexion†$28.00
- Look & Feel Your Best at Every Age$46.00
- Support Mental Clarity & Energy Levels†$24.00
- Balances the Skin Microbiome & Supports Immune System†$40.00
- Key Nutrients to Support the Body’s Natural Healing Process†$64.00
- Maintain Healthy Tissue & Joints After Surgery or Injury†$38.00
- Reduce Bruising, Swelling & Pain After Surgery or Injury$18.00
- Restore Healthy-Looking Skin with Arnica and Vitamin K$22.00